Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #4,082 of 7,509

Quote:
My Newly arrived RSA SR-71 bought from a Headfier on here:

Main Source: iPhone 4S

LOD: Toxic Cables OCC Solid Silver with mini Viablue plug

Headphones: Sennheiser IE6

All I need now is my CLAS DAC :)

How do you like the Toxic cables LOD? Im just finishing up a DIY low profile one using the same silver.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4,084 of 7,509
Pomeranian? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Enjoying the day with the pooch.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #4,086 of 7,509

How do you like the Toxic cables LOD? Im just finishing up a DIY low profile one using the same silver.

Yeah I like it mate. It's a nicely finished cable and sound superb!!! To my ears it isn't a night and day difference between this and the standard Fiio LOD I had, but Definately a slight ncrease in the detail and overall dynamics of the music.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #4,087 of 7,509
Have you tried the UP-OCC Copper version of the Toxic Cables?  Just wondering, as I was going to get the silver, but decided to get the Copper instead, and will be building a LOD from it as well.  Found a nice low profile charging dock that switches from 30pin Apple dock to Micro USB.  Going to modify that to put the charge dock on the side and the Toxic Cables out the back like a normal LOD.

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I like it mate. It's a nicely finished cable and sound superb!!! To my ears it isn't a night and day difference between this and the standard Fiio LOD I had, but Definately a slight ncrease in the detail and overall dynamics of the music.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #4,088 of 7,509

Quote:
Have you tried the UP-OCC Copper version of the Toxic Cables?  Just wondering, as I was going to get the silver, but decided to get the Copper instead, and will be building a LOD from it as well.  Found a nice low profile charging dock that switches from 30pin Apple dock to Micro USB.  Going to modify that to put the charge dock on the side and the Toxic Cables out the back like a normal LOD.

I have some of the Toxic cables copper, but I havent used it yet. I finished up that LOD, ill post pictures in the cable gallery soon. Mine has a micro USB charge socket :D

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #4,090 of 7,509

Quote:
My Newly arrived RSA SR-71 bought from a Headfier on here:

Main Source: iPhone 4S

LOD: Toxic Cables OCC Solid Silver with mini Viablue plug

Headphones: Sennheiser IE6

All I need now is my CLAS DAC :)

How does the Sennheiser IE6 Sound?

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #4,091 of 7,509

How does the Sennheiser IE6 Sound?

They sound OK but I really only use them at the moment for when I am out and about and on holiday etc. they are OK for this, but I find that for me they are not detailed enough for longer critical listening. I also find they are not the best with female vocals.

I am in the process of looking to upgrade my IEM's and may be looking at something along the lines of the Westone UM3x or Westone 4.

My Beyer T70p sound amazing with this setup though.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #4,092 of 7,509
Sorry Jason, you asked about W4 and UM3x and I never got back to you. I had the UM3x and W3 at the same time and I chose to keep the W3 because the amount of detail was about equal but I found the UM3x boring in comparrison. Take from that what you will but it probably means the UM3x was more neutral and W3 was more fun. The W4 is just amazing, it's the UM3x and W3's love child with big balls
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #4,093 of 7,509
Ha ha ha ha.  What do Balls sound like?  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back