Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #3,931 of 7,509

Quote:
The final piece of the puzzle for my portable rig; the low profile crystal cable LOD.

And this is my most used portable rig; DIYmod - Continental amp - crystal LOD - Miracle customs with Silver Dragon cable.

I suspect that your setup sounds completely awesome. Please confirm.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #3,934 of 7,509

Quote:
I hate you guys and your E17

what do you mean. i just checked the pictures and posts i skipped. none of them but me had a E17 in it :/ 
confused_face_2.gif
 you might wanna drop that plural "s"..and now that i think about it. omiting "guys" int it's entireity and just pointing the comment at me would have been best  
wink_face.gif

iTunes works well for me. i keep it installed on a seperate drive. i don't need FLAC support..as i mainly use itunes for music synching

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3,937 of 7,509

Quote:
I meant all guys with the E17. *envy* I ordered on january but didnt get the first neither second batches on MP4 nation. and they say new batch on mid-late march now 
angry_face.gif

there were a lot of sales and stuff like that.. the E17...depends on your luck i guess. many people that lurked got it. but hey. if you didn't buy in those half an hour. they get sold out on micca :) i just wonder how many micca sold already :)

Quote:
Nice pencil, what HB is that? 
biggrin.gif

..wow. it's like going to a car show and asking what type of material the ground that the car is being showed on made of. synthetic? hahahaha. it's a 2HB ..like most

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #3,938 of 7,509

Quote:

I suspect that your setup sounds completely awesome. Please confirm.

CONFIRMED.

Short of adding a CLAS to it (which I have no intention to), it is the best sounding portable rig I have ever assembled.
It is an awesome blend of clarity, transparency, details with musicality to boot.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #3,939 of 7,509

Quote:
CONFIRMED.

Short of adding a CLAS to it (which I have no intention to), it is the best sounding portable rig I have ever assembled.
It is an awesome blend of clarity, transparency, details with musicality to boot.

Out of interest, was that LOD hellishly expensive? And is the difference noticeable enough to justify the cost? ( I know that is a relative term around these here parts! )

I always liked the look of Crystal Piccolino, but not the price.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #3,940 of 7,509

Quote:
CONFIRMED.

How could it not sound great, right? I'm going to resist the urge to go big this year and just get a J3. Maybe customs next year if my wife will allow it...

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #3,941 of 7,509

Quote:

i took one in class : my porty  set :

*points at screen* They're the P11's I saw on utube in your video Bowie a few days ago... I was asking about them compared to E10's.

I've ordered a pair, they're on their way! 

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #3,942 of 7,509

Quote:
Out of interest, was that LOD hellishly expensive? And is the difference noticeable enough to justify the cost? ( I know that is a relative term around these here parts! )

Never been a believer in cables myself but that's just my opinion. Anywho, I know this is off topic but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a place that did reshells of Klipsh X10's?

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #3,943 of 7,509
Range of options - ultra portable to transportable ......

Ultra-portable - iPhone4 and SE535 (Spec Ed)

Portable - iPod Touch4 & E11 (velcro) and SE535 (Spec Ed)

Portable - iPod Touch4 & E11 (velcro) and MS1i (woodied) - soon to be recabled and have 325i drivers installed.

Transportable - iPod Touch4 & PortaTube with HD600 (this combo sounds incredibly good)

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #3,945 of 7,509
Quote:

I managed to lay my hands on 20cm of bulk crystal cable and got my friend to DIY it for me.
It costed me a grand total of USD 82. Retail from stores might cost me USD 315.

Put it this way, when I let my wife ABed the crystal and TWag V1 LOD I had with my rig with EX-1000, she could tell that there is an improvement.
So does that answer your question?

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back