Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,946 of 7,509
Mar 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #3,947 of 7,509
So I got bored waiting for my Furutech TripleFi10 Cable to arrive... and I HATE the stock cable.  I ended up cutting up the stock cable (to keep the memory portion), and added some Mogami 2534 as a test, I was planning on cutting the memory portion off and utilizing the connecting pins.  Well, I don't know what I did... but they're DEFINITELY is a cleaner sound to them... problem is, most of the Bass is gone too.  Hmmmm...

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #3,948 of 7,509

Quote:
So I got bored waiting for my Furutech TripleFi10 Cable to arrive... and I HATE the stock cable.  I ended up cutting up the stock cable (to keep the memory portion), and added some Mogami 2534 as a test, I was planning on cutting the memory portion off and utilizing the connecting pins.  Well, I don't know what I did... but they're DEFINITELY is a cleaner sound to them... problem is, most of the Bass is gone too.  Hmmmm...

That's what braiding a cable will do to your headphones. If you want that bass back, unbraid the cable and twist it.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #3,951 of 7,509

Quote:

That's what braiding a cable will do to your headphones. If you want that bass back, unbraid the cable and twist it.

biggrin.gif

tongue_smile.gif

wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #3,952 of 7,509
I'm not a "cable" person by any means. However, I bought a braided Null Audio cable for my tf10s a couple of years ago, simply because I was fed up with the build quality of the 3.5mm jack on the stock UE cable. I was not expecting to hear a difference between it and the stock cable, but there was a difference in the upper and lower frequencies. Most of the bass seemed to be gone, and most of the upper frequencies were accentuated. To this day, the braided null cable remains the only cable that I have been able to tell a difference with; I did not like the difference.

I remember my dad saw me listening to music with this cable. He was intrigued by the fact that it was braided. Before I had the chance to he explain to him that I felt that the cable had ruined the sound of my headphones, he proceeded to explain to me what cable would do to the headphone's soni signature. I was surprised by the fact that he was right. He then explained in electrical theory terms why this was. I'm not very knowledgeable about electrical theory, so I apologize if I sound dumb here. Braiding a cable and twisting a cable both create different electrical properties. A braided cable will have higher inductance than a twisted cable, but has less capacitance. A braided cable will be more capacitive than braided cable while being less inductive.

Quote:
I never heard any sound difference between braided, twisted, or straight cables.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3,956 of 7,509
lol that's ridiculous.

Cables do make a difference though, but not all the time. With the TF10, a cable can either add or decrease impedance compared to the stock cable. A change in impedance changes the sonic characteristics due to the TF10's crazy impedance phase change. I question the range in which they change impedance though, the Fiio cable's impedance difference is merely 1ohm, that does result in more subbass and less treble. If a cable were to add like 20 ohms, the TF10 noticeably reduces it's bass and treble, more of the latter though. Then there are those cable that reduce impedance...

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #3,958 of 7,509
..... >_< guys guys let's stop. we all know that singing to it every night will add more coloration and neutrality give it more top end peak. some brushing of lavendar over the cable will soften the vocals. 

im kidding their but i do believe that there is some additions to the sound from differnt cable inards. ...brraiding and more physical things??...i don't know about that.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #3,959 of 7,509
Well, I actually kind of like the slight downgrade in Bass now.  The extra clarity sounds better and it seems to push the mids forward ever so slightly... or, it could be that I currently have no choice in the matter since I destroyed my stock cable. :) 

Well, I ended up killing the "memory wire" portion and wired up directly to the salvaged pins.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #3,960 of 7,509

Quote:
Well, I actually kind of like the slight downgrade in Bass now.  The extra clarity sounds better and it seems to push the mids forward ever so slightly... or, it could be that I currently have no choice in the matter since I destroyed my stock cable. :) 

Well, I ended up killing the "memory wire" portion and wired up directly to the salvaged pins.

guys..who cares in the end. it looks hot. if it sounds very similar with the user humself desciding to spend money to make it hot. whatever. now...nobody is going to believe that the TF10's there are MSRP$400 and the cable and plug..are what.. $100-$200 MSRP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back