Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #2,989 of 7,509

Quote:
So far I'm happy with the stock cable.

Ah, okay then. Maybe you'll reachable it in the future, I bet it would look pretty cool. Pry not much of a sound quality difference, but more attractive and better build quality. With that being said, fi you are fine with the  stock cable, then just stick with that.

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #2,990 of 7,509

Quote:

I always have a knife on me, but I'm not sure I'd consider it part of my portable rig. 
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #2,993 of 7,509

Quote:
I see you use an SM3 photo I made as your avatar. Cheers. :)

No kidding. I just went on google images, haha. Thanks for the great photo! 
biggrin.gif

I'm getting rather tired of buying Complys though. Kinda missing the sound of my ER-4P's too. I just might sell the SM3 to fund a pair of ER-4's and Ety's Custom-fit tips... Gotta love the things Head-fi does to you

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #2,994 of 7,509

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I'm getting rather tired of buying Complys though. Kinda missing the sound of my ER-4P's too. I just might sell the SM3 to fund a pair of ER-4's and Ety's Custom-fit tips... Gotta love the things Head-fi does to you

Or sell the SM3's and save up for pair of customs and never have to buy tips again. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2,995 of 7,509
SETUP 1 : Monster Turbine Pro Copper, Marilyn, iPod Touch 64 Gig 3rd Gen

SETUP 2: Klipsh X10, Marilyn, iPod Touch 64 Gig 3rd Gen

SETUP 3: UE700, iPod touch 3rd Gen 64 Gig

SETUP 4: UE600, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64 Gig

SETUP 5: Klipsh S4, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64 Gig

SETUP 6 iGrado, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64 Gig

I think I need some more IEM's in my collection lol
Crap I have no pics of my Sony MDR EX 600's

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #2,997 of 7,509

Quote:
What's your opinion of those iGrado's?

If you mean what are my final impressions they're rather mixed as far as a mobile headphone goes. First off as far as sound is concerned I really like them and I think they sound great with rock/metal or jazz. If you already have a Grado SR 60i don't bother buying them if you're looking for something different because the iGrado has the same drivers as the SR60i and sounds pretty much the same to my ears. Like my SR 60i they respond quite well to amping and you can tighten and clean things up nicely in it's sound signature with a good amp. I use Marilyn quite a bit on my Grado's and I'm quite happy with the results. As a mobile solution I think the iGrado has its fair share of problems. First, it's terrible isolation wise and blocks out next to nothing in a noisy environment. It also leaks quite a bit and if you're in a quiet environment with other people around it can leak enough to bother someone near by.  Comfort wise it's quite comfortable on my ears but I've run across enough people on here who say different so your wear may vary.

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #2,998 of 7,509

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I use Klipsch tips with my Etys.  They're more comfortable than the Complys and improve the sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back