Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 24, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #2,956 of 7,509

Quote:
Have you ever had customs? 

No, I hate customs because of the process involved in ....I am not saying customs are not good or something, but this this my own opinion, for my friend had  his model done three times (sent), and after 1.5 years the customs started to crack, maybe one in a million, I prefer universals...
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2,957 of 7,509
Yuceka
I got my HE-500 and enjoying it, upgraded with the new silver cable, any advise?

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #2,958 of 7,509
@ Dreamthinker

No problem :wink:

It's a Headsix which I bought off ebay about 1.5 years ago. 
No, luckily I don't have any problems with it. 

The amp is needed, if you want to drive the Yuin PK3 (and obviously a lot of other head- and earphones, with a Galaxy Player), as the output seems to be a little restricted. 

Running them directly from a RB Sansa Clip+, on the other hand may possibly harm your ears at full volume...

Gonna root the SGP during the holidays, to see if Voodoo Sound can improve the output. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #2,959 of 7,509

Quote:
@ Dreamthinker

No problem :wink:

It's a Headsix which I bought off ebay about 1.5 years ago. 
No, luckily I don't have any problems with it. 

The amp is needed, if you want to drive the Yuin PK3 (and obviously a lot of other head- and earphones, with a Galaxy Player), as the output seems to be a little restricted. 

Running them directly from a RB Sansa Clip+, on the other hand may possibly harm your ears at full volume...

Gonna root the SGP during the holidays, to see if Voodoo Sound can improve the output. 

I think i would rather send you a PM....

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #2,960 of 7,509

Quote:

I am looking for a US based retailer , preferably on-line, and I know of the price, as I hate customs and IE10 might never materialize.

It's your decision and your money my friend but seriously if it was me looking to spend a 1000 plus bones on an IEM I'd forgo the K3003 and get myself a top notch sounding custom. There's quite a bit of nice kit available in the customs arena for a grand. You can even get some nice artwork of your choice added for that price.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #2,961 of 7,509

Quote:
Furutech ADL Cruise - Headphone Amp and 24/96 DAC

How do you like that one? Has it been compared to the Fostex?

Dec 24, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #2,962 of 7,509

Quote:

How do you like that one? Has it been compared to the Fostex?

DAC Section - I prefer the HP-P1. To my ears its detail retrieval is superior than the ADL.

Amp Section - I refer the ADL. In fact of all my portable amps the ADL is my current favorite. It extends well on both frequency extremes its has an "organic" element in its sound that contributes to correct timbre to my ears. 

My favorite combo is the HP-P1 as dac > ALO Continental > ADL Cruise.

Hope this helps.

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #2,964 of 7,509
Dec 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2,965 of 7,509
Help me understand "sequence."  Is it serially connected where you are using the ALO (low gain) as a tube buffer for the Cruise?  Thanks

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #2,969 of 7,509

Quote:

UM Merlin

What's the little setup in the back? FiiO E6 and iPod Nano 6G? Can't tell, to far away to see what the actual setup is.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #2,970 of 7,509

Quote:
What's the little setup in the back? FiiO E6 and iPod Nano 6G? Can't tell, to far away to see what the actual setup is.

That's exactly what it looks like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back