Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #2,971 of 7,509

Quote:

No, I hate customs because of the process involved in ....I am not saying customs are not good or something, but this this my own opinion, for my friend had  his model done three times (sent), and after 1.5 years the customs started to crack, maybe one in a million, I prefer universals...
biggrin.gif

It certainly doesn't have to be that way. I sent my impressions in and then a week after that I got my customs. The fit was nearly perfect and I was floored with the sound. I had tried a lot of universals and I really liked Westone products but when I first heard my 1964 Ears Quads, I knew I could never go back to universals. I needed a bit tighter seal later on and even though I passed the free fit time frame, they did it for  free in a week and now they sound even better. Instead of spending something like $400 on a universal, I'd rather save up a little bit more and go with a custom. I wouldn't say this for a lot of headphones but seriously the difference is HUGE.

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,972 of 7,509

Quote:
What's the little setup in the back? FiiO E6 and iPod Nano 6G? Can't tell, to far away to see what the actual setup is.

Quote:
That's exactly what it looks like

Yes, that's what it is.  It's connected with the L9 and a black rubber band (since the clip on the e6 is not compatible with the nano clip.

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #2,973 of 7,509

Quote:
It certainly doesn't have to be that way. I sent my impressions in and then a week after that I got my customs. The fit was nearly perfect and I was floored with the sound. I had tried a lot of universals and I really liked Westone products but when I first heard my 1964 Ears Quads, I knew I could never go back to universals. I needed a bit tighter seal later on and even though I passed the free fit time frame, they did it for  free in a week and now they sound even better. Instead of spending something like $400 on a universal, I'd rather save up a little bit more and go with a custom. I wouldn't say this for a lot of headphones but seriously the difference is HUGE.

I have to take your advice, one question why the 1964 not the Miracle or.....

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #2,974 of 7,509

Quote:

Yes, that's what it is.  It's connected with the L9 and a black rubber band (since the clip on the e6 is not compatible with the nano clip.

Very awesome. If I had the money for a new Nano, I'd rock the RSA Shadow, the Nano 6G, and the Beyerydnamic DT-1350 everywhere I go and that would probably be the rig that I use for years and years to come.

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #2,978 of 7,509

Quote:

The 1964Q is literally half the price of the UM Miracle, that might have been an influence. Also, the 1964 are supposedly pretty damn good bang for your buck 
smile.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2,983 of 7,509

Quote:

They are my first custom so I didn't want to shell out over a thousand bucks for something that I didn't know much about. Plus, if I didn't like them, I would have lost so much trying to sell them. So that's why I didn't get either the Miracles or the JH16. Second reason is, 1964 Ears are in the US and it's so much easier and quicker to deal with them. And their prices are the real kicker. The four driver customs:  Quads : $525, JH11 : $850, UM Mage: $639. So that is why I went with the 1964 and I have not regretted my decision at all. But I am probably going to get some Unique Melody in the future or wait for the 6 driver model of 1964 Ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back