Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #2,747 of 3,208
Quote:
Quote:

Is it like classic + rockbox?

Yeah, it runs stable too. Although people say the batt. life sucks. Very easy to install, coming from a newb to rockboxing. Renewed my hope i iPod classic, now I have a 160gb player which supports flac.

OMG.I got iPod classic 160gb too.Pls tell me how to get my ipod support flac like you.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #2,748 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, it runs stable too. Although people say the batt. life sucks. Very easy to install, coming from a newb to rockboxing. Renewed my hope i iPod classic, now I have a 160gb player which supports flac.

OMG.I got iPod classic 160gb too.Pls tell me how to get my ipod support flac like you.

Install rockbox dude! http://www.rockbox.org/

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2,750 of 3,208
Quote:

I don't think it's an "official" build yet, but here you go. Just follow the steps wasn't that hard., but you do lose everything on your iPod when you install it.

http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/IPod_Classic_iLoader_Installation

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2,753 of 3,208

Quote:
I don't think I'd bother rock boxing my classic, as it is my rock boxed video doesn't last very long...probably only 5-6 hours batt life.. pretty pathetic.

how old is the ipod and how much use has it?
maybe the battery is just old, I once replaced my ipod video battery with one from amazon and it improved greatly. over 18 hours of music playback. it was cool-

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2,754 of 3,208

Quote:
Sony X is mellow? That's strange, the A845 has the edgiest treble out of my DAPs (Cowon i9, Sansa Fuze, Samsung R0, iPod Classic). Thought the X was similar since they share the same S-Master amp.
confused.gif

I could swear I've read comparisons (not many though) which say the X is more mellow between the two in spite of sharing the same S-master amp, and that the newer A84X series is a bit more digital/harsh sounding. Hmmmmm.... interesting! But yeah, I've always found the X to be quite mellow and relaxed sounding, while still maintaining a great level of detail.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #2,755 of 3,208
Time to update my contribution to this thread, got a solo this week! I love it, I now feel I am done!

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #2,756 of 3,208

Quote:
Time to update my contribution to this thread, got a solo this week! I love it, I now feel I am done!

That is one fat rig.

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2,758 of 3,208
what is all of that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back