Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Dec 15, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #1,606 of 3,208

Quote:
Just got my ALO SXC Cryo22G LOD today so thought I would add a couple of new shots. I am not very good at photos but wanted to try to get one of the blue light on the stepdance and how it makes the LOD very ghostly!
Oh yes, anyone who thinks expensive cables are a waste of money just try an ALO! Right out of the box improvements on what I thought could not be improved.. But that will have to wait for my review!

Out of curiosity have you ever tried a cheaper LOD made with the exact same parts ALO uses or just the ALO LOD?

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #1,607 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Just got my ALO SXC Cryo22G LOD today so thought I would add a couple of new shots. I am not very good at photos but wanted to try to get one of the blue light on the stepdance and how it makes the LOD very ghostly!
Oh yes, anyone who thinks expensive cables are a waste of money just try an ALO! Right out of the box improvements on what I thought could not be improved.. But that will have to wait for my review!

Out of curiosity have you ever tried a cheaper LOD made with the exact same parts ALO uses or just the ALO LOD?

I have Not seen any cables using identical parts to ALO's for sale though I am sure there must be some about. I do own a plain copper LOD made by one of the members here and also a Qables silvercab pro which I used as comparison and came to my conclusions .

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #1,612 of 3,208
Philips Muse --> StepDance --> Canare F-12 --> Mogami 2893 --> DT440 600Ohm

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #1,613 of 3,208
I think the RE0s pair really well with the E7 and its first EQ setting (or bass setting). The RE0 are relatively light weight in the bottom end but the E7 EQ gives just enough warmth to put them in the sweet spot for me.

The E7 is such a nice little amp/dac for the price, and it's leagues better than my standard Macbook output when I'm on the road.

Quote:
How are you liking that combination?  My E7 is on the way, and my Audiominor LOD will be soon....

Quote:
First portable rig. Well one with an amp anyway. LOD is from Krispy Kables here in Sydney :wink:

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,614 of 3,208

Quote:

Whene the heck did that phone get made? I don't doubt it sounds amazing, being Beyer and out of the Stepdance. I have the DT880s and I am loving 'em. How would you describe the sound?

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #1,615 of 3,208
I'm guessing late 70s based on the gear in this pic:

But yes how does it sound!?

Quote:
Quote:

Whene the heck did that phone get made? I don't doubt it sounds amazing, being Beyer and out of the Stepdance. I have the DT880s and I am loving 'em. How would you describe the sound?

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,616 of 3,208

the head-band looks more comfy than the K702's...

Quote:
I'm guessing late 70s based on the gear in this pic:

But yes how does it sound!?

Quote:
Quote:

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #1,617 of 3,208

sorry for the crappy pics from my iphone but this is my hd zune 32gb w/ thinksound ts02

Sansa Fuze 2gb w/ 16gb microsd whiplash twag w. rhodium right angle plugs to RSA shadow.  UM3x remolded by fisher hearing with whiplash twag overmold custom cable with viablue plug

ipod video 80gb with low profile whiplash twag to rhodium right angle plug to alo rx amp.  Triple.fi 10 with null audio enyo cable with viablue plug

sansa clip+ 4gb w/ 16gb microsd mini to mini w/ neutrik right angles and silver wires to an ibasso t3.  Visang R03

ipod nano 4th gen 8gb w/ meelec m11+

zune 2nd gen 120gb w/ alec lansing uhp606 and meelec m6

sorry for the crappy pics.... iphone 4 camera kinda sucks

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #1,618 of 3,208
Where do you guys get your rubber bands/straps for keeping your DAP and amp together? Someone on Head-Fi posted a link to some real cheap ones (a three pack for $3 or something by FiiO, I believe) on Amazon, but I can't for the life of me find them or the post that linked them again!

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #1,620 of 3,208
Oh yes, I forgot to mention I was aware of those, but was hoping to find some cheaper alternatives. If nothing else, that's what I'll resort to using. I just wish I could find that link again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back