Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Dec 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #1,594 of 3,208
What you're seeing here is a Discman D-32. The reason is that my D-33 decided to go on strike yesterday, and I was lucky enough to rapidly find a replacement.
Everything is identical to the D-33, so the latter is now the official parts donor. This D-32 has an EBP-380 filled with batteries attached to it. Although it does not increase the play time in any way (D-32 doesn't have an external receptacle for the EBP-380), it vastly increases its physical mass, which is preferable, since 1) it is now more shock resistant, and 2) I like my gear heavy. I'd seriously attach a cast-iron block to this thing if I can find a suitable one.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #1,595 of 3,208

Quote:
What you're seeing here is a Discman D-32. The reason is that my D-33 decided to go on strike yesterday, and I was lucky enough to rapidly find a replacement.
Everything is identical to the D-33, so the latter is now the official parts donor. This D-32 has an EBP-380 filled with batteries attached to it. Although it does not increase the play time in any way (D-32 doesn't have an external receptacle for the EBP-380), it vastly increases its physical mass, which is preferable, since 1) it is now more shock resistant, and 2) I like my gear heavy. I'd seriously attach a cast-iron block to this thing if I can find a suitable one.

Me too! It makes it so it doesn't want to slide off whatever you have it on and it feels good in the hand. I will post my QA350 with some phones. The thing is more than half a pound. Not quite heavy enough, but getting there.

Of course, this is for stationary listening. For transportable used probably not. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #1,596 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:

Me too! It makes it so it doesn't want to slide off whatever you have it on and it feels good in the hand. I will post my QA350 with some phones. The thing is more than half a pound. Not quite heavy enough, but getting there.

Of course, this is for stationary listening. For transportable used probably not. 
wink_face.gif

Well. You can rapidly detach the EBP-380 via a built-in switch. Also as you walk with this thing in hand, you are slowly training your arm muscles. So that. Cheers.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #1,598 of 3,208
My HM-601 came and my old Ipod w/diy lod (Jenna Ultrawire) to a NuForce Icon Mobile can't touch it.
THIS THING IS A BEAST

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #1,599 of 3,208
some how got posted twice

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #1,600 of 3,208
Just got my ALO SXC Cryo22G LOD today so thought I would add a couple of new shots. I am not very good at photos but wanted to try to get one of the blue light on the stepdance and how it makes the LOD very ghostly!
Oh yes, anyone who thinks expensive cables are a waste of money just try an ALO! Right out of the box improvements on what I thought could not be improved.. But that will have to wait for my review!

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,602 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Just got my ALO SXC Cryo22G LOD today so thought I would add a couple of new shots.

I have to say I'm quite jealous of you being able to use such pricey cans for portable use. Kudos to you. :)

Thank you! Truth be told though the only HiFi equipment I have is portable. I do take the Denons to the library but on the whole I am either using the Ety ER4S's or Senn IE8's for outside use. The combination with the Denon's though is sublime and I am quite frankly shocked at the large imrovement the ALO LOD makes. Ken is a  gifted cable maker!

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #1,603 of 3,208
First portable rig. Well one with an amp anyway. LOD is from Krispy Kables here in Sydney :wink:

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #1,604 of 3,208
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #1,605 of 3,208

Gotta love that big beautiful blue LED
biggrin.gif
sweet rig.

Quote:
Just got my ALO SXC Cryo22G LOD today so thought I would add a couple of new shots. I am not very good at photos but wanted to try to get one of the blue light on the stepdance and how it makes the LOD very ghostly!
Oh yes, anyone who thinks expensive cables are a waste of money just try an ALO! Right out of the box improvements on what I thought could not be improved.. But that will have to wait for my review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back