Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #1,201 of 3,208

I don't know for sure but doesn't the volume bar change when you use volume limiter. I guess he using it

It does in that if it is limited at say 3, it can't go any further than 3 no matter the volume. It doesn't take the level of 3 and break that into 16 of it's own steps (if that makes sense), which would be awesome, btw. Even at low volumes with some recordings It was too much for me, so I'm using a Pico Slim with my set up now. Problem solved!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #1,202 of 3,208

Quote:

The S9 has a really cheap build. The stock UI is also disgusting. The Zune HD can play WMA Loseless in place of FLAC. If you want a Cowon DAP then get the J3. It cost about $50 more for the 32GB, but you get better build quality and a MicroSD card slot. I don't think that it's going to be a huge difference in SQ. I believe a portable AMP would be a better investment. If you don't want an amp then the J3 should be a good choice.

I'm not saying that the S9 is bad. It's just that when I got it the price difference between it and the J3 was larger than what it is now. 

Oct 30, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #1,204 of 3,208

Quote:
yeah, i know about rockbox, but its a v2 and i cant figure out how to get it on. i know its unstable, but it works. if anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,206 of 3,208

Quote:
so that means its stable??!!!?!??!??!!?!?!?
eek.gif

I've had it on my Clip+'s and my V1 Fuze for a while now. Works great!

Oct 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #1,208 of 3,208

Quote:
Holy crap!  Nice catch.  My Fuze v2 will be getting RB 3.7 this evening.

Thanks for sharing.

I knew there'd be some interested parties here.
atsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #1,211 of 3,208

Quote:
Nice rig! Mines last gen version(3G + se530), but how aren't you deaf with the volume that loud? Or don't the 535s get that loud? Btw, clear is way nice!
smily_headphones1.gif

lol yeah, i think i am going a bit deaf! not sure but maybe the volume on the uk ipods is lower than the us equivalent!? ; I really hope so because I do worry about the damage I'm doing...You've made me paranoid now =). Anyway, i think i may have pretty bad hearing because back when i first got into portable music, i would use the ibuds on the bus to and from uni and due to the lack of isolation I would literally have the ipod at full volume
angry_face.gif

Also thanks, yeah this setup sounds fantastic and I'm really glad I got the clear shures!
ksc75smile.gif
Beautiful lil' things they are!

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,212 of 3,208
yeah, just googled it and turns out the eu volume limit is still in effect...igood news fro my hearing! f I turn the volume to about a step or two more then it starts to become painfully loud; at full volume it is ridiculous, as I have found out when accidentally changing the volume instead of skipping tracks a couple of times (ouch!) The ipod drives the shures excellently afaik so no worries for anyone thinking about getting them; don't want to accidentally spread misinformation lol =)

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #1,214 of 3,208

DIYmod, iBasso P3 Heron, and my newest baby, the EarSonics SM3!
biggrin.gif

Sadly, the sm3 doesn't respond well to amping.
Guess i'm getting a clip+ soon to make it ultra portable ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back