Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #916 of 3,208

Improvised my own light box using my lcd tv, a sheet and my bedside lamp.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #918 of 3,208
How is the 602's DAC function? I'm THIS close to ordering it myself now that I've sold my X1050 rig but there are hardly any reviews yet! Any thoughts on the RE-262 as well? Thanks!

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #919 of 3,208
First impressions are really good. The package is definitely worth the preorder price. I was never really the IEM type but the RE 262 sound really nice to my ears and got a really nice fit too. Hard to say much at this point about the sq since I didn't do much listen as it is burning in- it sounds really good as it is. Drivers are installed in a heart beat when the 602 is connected to a PC. Interesting that it doesn't sound bright out of the PC which was always the case with other DACs for me.

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #921 of 3,208
My 3 rigs:

1)
Rockboxed 80gb ipod video
alo rx amp
whiplash twag elite lod

2)
Sansa Fuze 2gb w/16gb microsdhc rockboxed
RSA Shadow
twag mini to mini with rhodium oyaide right angles

3)
Sansa Clip+ 4gb w/ 16gb microsdhc ockboxed
Ibasso T3
silver mini to mini right angles

All three feed custom um3x's via twag overmold cables w/ viablue

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #925 of 3,208
Regburg and fatsam: Very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm currently using the Captivate and SEs right now but I'm going to pick up an iPod Touch tomorrow.... i REALLY, really think I should get an amp to use with the Shures... but I know I don't "need" it
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #926 of 3,208
Here's my new portable rig:

iphone 4
Meier Audio CORDA STEPDANCE
QABLES iPod LOD
Westone UM3X

It's an impromptu and makeshift effort until I find something more suitable (that Velcro strap gets in the way a bit as you can imagine - though there is one bonus; I'm not tempted to skip tracks anymore!). I don't want to stick anything to the back of the phone or amp. One of those silicon straps might do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back