Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #647 of 3,208
First pressing, inherited from my father. :wink:

Quote:
james444 said:

^ Great pic, rig and record. I shows that you like black quite a bit.
wink.gif

But the rainbow has all the pretty colors! :D (Unlike your Xin!)

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #648 of 3,208
Sep 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #649 of 3,208
Sep 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #651 of 3,208
Got this all quite recently.

iPod Classic 160GB + Lossless only. Shure SE535's Clear.

The Classic has quite a nice and quite sound, there is some minor hiss, but nothing in comparison to the MacBook Pro it's sitting on, which hisses worse than a python. 

Do you recommend I get a little dock connector?

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #653 of 3,208
^ Thanks, unfortunately for me my ears are obnoxiously small, and as a result every time I use the Shure's I end up having to suffer with them digging into the back parts of my ears. At the end of a long 2 hour listening session I'll have massive purple marks on the inside of my ears.

Still, they sound bleepin' brilliant!

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #654 of 3,208
attika81: I love the MTPG too! I love their bass. You'll be hard pressed to find an IEM that's more fun than the Golds.Plus, just look at em, they're gorgeous! I might have to sell mine off in the near future to help fund a Miles Davis Tribute purchase though. The MDs, IMO, are the coolest looking universal IEM on the planet! One of the best sounding too, according to most who've heard them.

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #655 of 3,208
Not exactly the most portable rig on the planet but the ATH-M50s pair amazingly well with my Rockboxed Fuze.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #656 of 3,208
012.png

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #657 of 3,208

Quote:

- 6G Nano,

- velcro'd to an RSA Shadow,

- connected with ALO Low Rider LOD

- feeding ALO SXC cabled JH16's.

That is one sweet rig! I like everything about it except for the limited storage capacity. I still want it though, it looks like one of the few rigs I might consider over my own 
smile.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #659 of 3,208
@OllyNewport: Awesome man, I just got the clear 535s as well. I'm using my Captivate the power them and I'm loving the results. Amazing phones aren't they? Oh question though, have you tried any other tips? I have only used the silicon bullets and I love them; how much does the foam tips change the sound? 

Sep 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #660 of 3,208
^ I've not really touched the silicon tips, I tried the triple flanges because I was having ear irrigation (the body of the Shure's rub against the inside of my ears) and they significantly increase the distance of insertion. Do try all the tips though, especially the foam ones, as they provide some excellent isolation as they'll mold to the shape of your ear canals. 

I find that the silicon makes my ears itch a bit, so I tend not to use them.

Sound wise, I'm not too sure. People say the bass response for foam tips is heightened, but overall I'd say they're pretty similar. Especially to my quick use of them. I think I'd need to use the silicon tips for a day or two and then switch back to see if there's any major differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back