Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #633 of 3,208
Still have a Tomahawk myself.
(loved it, back in the day - still a great little amp)
Gave my Mustang to a friend, along with a set of Westone 3's (absolutely loved it)

The Shadow? 
DEFINITELY worth the upgrade.

Compared to Tomahawk, the Shadow has:

More PRAT
more resolution
better head-stage

and, the form factor - wow
plus the digital volume rocker switch - much prefer over analog pots

The Shadow is the best IEM amp I've ever heard.
(..thanks Ray)

cheap, at twice the price!

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #634 of 3,208
Wow, you already have a new Nano? I am not an Apple fan, but that was really quick. lol

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #636 of 3,208
I agree with you, on the lol. 
[matter of fact, suppressing a "lol" right now]

Strange, don't you think,
how only a very few companies,
along the way,
repeatedly impress their customers
over & over,
with generation, after generation of
noteworthy product performance, value, and customer service.

So, when Apple,
or JH Audio,
or Ray Samuels,
or ALO (cables - my only experience)
release a new & improved product...
I pay close attention.
- they've earned it (imho)

Microsoft, and some others..
meh
..not so much.

PS: Kudos, to the Nano 6G Product Development Team!
- Thanks, Guys ...a satisfied customer

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #637 of 3,208

Quote:
Lol yea that's what I thought, I'm sure that rig sounds amazing though. I was thinking about getting one but..... I'm going to use my phone for now. 

Heavy iPhone user:
enjoy JH13's [when I want isolation and best un-amped SQ]
and Blox TM5's [for convenience - btw, the TM5's blow the socks off Yuin PK2's, at least, to these ears - highly recommend as earbuds].

Was pleasantly surprised with the audio signal train on the iPhone 4,
..imho, noticeably better than it's predecessor (3GS)

Listening to the 6G/Shadow/JH16 rig,
is a real trip,
especially considering, its ultra-portability.

Sep 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #638 of 3,208

Quote:
Heavy iPhone user:
enjoy JH13's [when I want isolation and best un-amped SQ]
and Blox TM5's [for convenience - btw, the TM5's blow the socks off Yuin PK2's, at least, to these ears - highly recommend as earbuds].

Was pleasantly surprised with the audio signal train on the iPhone 4,
..imho, noticeably better than it's predecessor (3GS)

Listening to the 6G/Shadow/JH16 rig,
is a real trip,
especially considering, its ultra-portability.

Very nice. Care to tell me how the 6G sounds unamped compared to the iPhone 4? Not a detailed review mind you but just something to give me a rough idea of how good it is. I'm using the captivate with SE535s and I love it, just had to add one knotch around the treble region and the phones sound great :) It's actually on par with the T51 in terms of HO minus... maybe one or two points in the imaging/soundstage department. 

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #639 of 3,208

Quote:
I haven't compared them before, I will do a comparison listening session sometime this weekend, probably tonight when I have some quiet time in a home of three kids.  

I used a 320 Kbps track, a 228 Kbps VBR track and a FLAC track.   All that I am very familiar with, synthpop and classical.  I don't hear a difference between any of the tracks.I used all of the previously listed equipment.  I would be interested in someone else A/Bing a set up like this, especially if you have a custom LOD.  I was thinking about having a low profile LOD built, but after this test, I may not need to.  Any other info or in-site are much appreciated as I am still very much a noob to this hobby.  Thanks to Achmedisdead for bringing up this test.  Any one have any inside info on the signal path of the fuze?

Happy Listening!

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #640 of 3,208
7th gen 160gb Ipod classic, senstation lineout w/ USB cable port, headroom total airhead and sennheiser PX100 (temporary portable cans, waiting on the monster turbine pro coppers)

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #641 of 3,208
Sep 12, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #642 of 3,208

Quote:

I used a 320 Kbps track, a 228 Kbps VBR track and a FLAC track.   All that I am very familiar with, synthpop and classical.  I don't hear a difference between any of the tracks.I used all of the previously listed equipment.  I would be interested in someone else A/Bing a set up like this, especially if you have a custom LOD.  I was thinking about having a low profile LOD built, but after this test, I may not need to.  Any other info or in-site are much appreciated as I am still very much a noob to this hobby.  Thanks to Achmedisdead for bringing up this test.  Any one have any inside info on the signal path of the fuze?

Happy Listening!

Thanks for testing!
L3000.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #645 of 3,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back