Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #451 of 3,208
@ rogueassasin312

Nothing to embarrassed about, mate.

A word of advice, take what you read here with a grain of salt. More often than not members tend to over exaggerate things.

Also, if it sounds good to you, be happy! Don't strive to achieve a setup that is "approved" by head-fiers. Have fun!

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #452 of 3,208

Not a great picture, but a great sounding player.....32GB  rockboxed CF-mod Mini 2G
L3000.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #454 of 3,208
I have got some Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's lined up and maybe a iBasso D2 amp...my AKG's should get a bit of use out of the amp!

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #455 of 3,208

Quote:

I think this needs to be cleared up again, it comes up every once in awhile but

if you use any capacitors with an unmodded ipod it will not sound better

it may sound different but that is because you lose a significant proportion of the frequency range

:)

Been trying to explain that, to no avail, to many friends here.

There was a rush to buy BG LODs as these guys are made to believe that BG Caps would make unmodded iPods sound better. Another case of Snake Oil marketing.     

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #456 of 3,208

Quote:

Been trying to explain that, to no avail, to many friends here.

There was a rush to buy BG LODs as these guys are made to believe that BG Caps would make unmodded iPods sound better. Another case of Snake Oil marketing.     

Well I already said I prefer the sound with the caps because running the signal through the caps stretched the highs and made it sound more crisps. Even though it might degrade the sound in terms of bass and other departments, in the end it all boils down to preference though I am well aware it supposedly reduces sq because there is an additional component in the way of the signal. Still it does change the sound and it depends on which earphones it's paired with. For example if you increase the bass quantity in the SF5 EBs it might seem that the sound becomes extremely muddy, BUT if you do that for a pair of um1s which I am using, the sound would seem more resonant making them more comfortable to listen to.

So it all depends on your personal preference and the pairing of the earphones and amps if not amplifiers would have as little components as possible in the amplifier to reduce 'degrading' of the signal.

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #457 of 3,208
The black sheep of the Sansa family. Together with a Fiio E5 for some extra bass boost and, in this case, a pair of Pioneer SE-EX9 clip on phones, it is a nice portable setup.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #459 of 3,208

Quote:
^ very nice danneq!
i feel i need that kind of setup

Why, thank you. 
smile_phones.gif

Well, you could always get a Sansa Fuze with LOD and a Fiio E5. A bit smaller and most likely better sounding than my Sansa View... Clip-on phones are great since they are very portable. The Pioneer SE-EX9 are very hard to find as they were only sold in Japan and now are discontinued. The cheaper SE-EX7 (around 4.000 yen) are still being sold. I do not know how they sound compared to the SE-EX9.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #461 of 3,208

Quote:
ex7 and ex9 have both 40mm drivers
im guessing the bass of the latter goes a bit deeper and punches harder

Now I remember that you posted in the SE-EX9 thread. Yes, you might be correct about the bass impact. The EX7 seem to be less thick and they weigh a bit less. Having a smaller casing might be a cause of a slightly lesser bass impact. Well, I'd like to give those a listen as well. Anyway, the EX9 are highly recommended.

Aug 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #462 of 3,208
Cowon J3 32gb/16gb microSD/eBay Silicon Case/Ultrasone HFI-780
 ​
 ​
The SQ is just wonderful. And yes, my pics suck.
biggrin.gif
 ​
Cowon D2/32gb sdHC/Official Cowon Leather Case/dbi Pro-705
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back