Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 25, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #439 of 3,208
sorry for the picture guys, i have no talent in photography :p
my everyday portable rig
15yd5ae.jpg

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #440 of 3,208
@kanade

That's hardly a bad picture. It shows off the headphones, the player and the action figure (is that from Ghost in the Shell? I can't place it but it looks familiar) rather nicely.

Based on the player and headphones, that should be a great sounding portable rig. How do you like it?

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #441 of 3,208

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #442 of 3,208
Very nice rig you've got there.
ksc75smile.gif

Anyway, here's the newest addition to my collection of audio gear. An LG EnV Touch and a pair of JVC Micro HD IEMs that I bought from Newegg for about $7.

It only has a piddly 256MB of internal storage and since my only micro SD card is dedicated to my Fuze, I don't use this for serious listening even though it is rather decent sounding as an MP3 player.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #443 of 3,208
This is my "please don't bug me I'm listening to music rig" for around campus.
Yes I know the phones are open but I can still focus on the music quite well.
Pardon the bad picture.  Photography is not one of my strong suits.

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #444 of 3,208

Quote:
@kanade

That's hardly a bad picture. It shows off the headphones, the player and the action figure (is that from Ghost in the Shell? I can't place it but it looks familiar) rather nicely.

Based on the player and headphones, that should be a great sounding portable rig. How do you like it?

actually she's from Evangelion
wink_face.gif

about the player and headphones? i have no complaint at all, clear treble, lush vocal, with awesome bass
happy_face1.gif

my first headphone was ath-es7 and for helping my sister avoid some 'mixstyle' or other obscure can, i gave it to her
giving that as an excuse, i managed to find a used esw10jpn in pristine condition and it is a beautiful upgrade in term of sound quality
beyersmile.png

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #445 of 3,208

Quote:
Because I am using an iMod the caps greatly affect the sound I am hearing. The Mcaps compared to blackgates is not fight to me. The Mcaps bring out the clarity so much more than the blackgates. Bass is also much tighter and punchier, soundstage is also a lot wider compared to the blackgates. It's so amazing I now can't do without them! 
dt880smile.png

I did try it with my friend's normal iPod line out and I think it still does give the improvement mentioned above but not as great as compared to the iMod but still worth it though. I highly recommend you guys try it out!

I think this needs to be cleared up again, it comes up every once in awhile but

if you use any capacitors with an unmodded ipod it will not sound better

it may sound different but that is because you lose a significant proportion of the frequency range

:)

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #446 of 3,208
Aug 26, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #447 of 3,208

Quote:

I think this needs to be cleared up again, it comes up every once in awhile but

if you use any capacitors with an unmodded ipod it will not sound better

it may sound different but that is because you lose a significant proportion of the frequency range

:)

Well maybe I should rephrase. I do prefer the sound going through the caps compared to the original signal

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #449 of 3,208
Only new to head-fi.org and am slightly embarrassed to upload picture :) But have learned alot so far so I will be upgrading very shortly!

My current rig:

iPod touch 8gb encased in Louis Vuitton with Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 220. I also carry around a pair of AKG K171 MKII cans also.
Music is in Apple Lossless 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back