Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #408 of 3,208
my humble rig but it sounds really nice!!! :)

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #409 of 3,208

Quote:
Very, very nice rig there ed. 

Cheers mate
etysmile.gif

Glad some people appreciate it, unlike my friends ... they think I'm crazy!

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #412 of 3,208

Quote:
Doesn't the LOD sound better?

Using a LOD by no means makes better sound. A good line out enabled through a LOD can mean better sound, but most line outs are complete rubbish and perform worse than the headphone outs. Exceptions to this rule are: Apple and Teclast in the S:Flo2. My Sony LOD is worse than the HPO in some ways in the A845 and the same is true for the X. 

Simply having one means nothing - implementing it correctly - that is the real deal.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #413 of 3,208
My Nokia offers a software option line out out with the same headphone jack. It's doesn't even bypass the amplifier as the volume control is still active. I really don't see the point.

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #415 of 3,208
Well I just got started with this Head-Fi game.  So this is my set up.  The mess is because that is my room in Iraq right now.  Good times.  Set up is SHURE SRH-840, Cowon J3 (Just got it in the mail yesterday), and my laptop is the Toshiba Qosmio x505-q880.  Sorry for poor pic quality but i work with what i got out here.  I know the SHURE's arent really portable but they are for me.  Plus with the J3 they sound freakin great.  Figure I am on my way for a newbie.  Media player is songbird, I am experimenting with songbird, foobar2000, and media monkey.  I like songbird just for the ease of use, I like the customization of foobar, media monkey is slowy falling behind.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #417 of 3,208

iMod -> The Performance LOD by Plexcio Acoustics -> Mcaps by Plexcio Acoustics -> The Performance IC by Plexcio Acoustics -> iBasso D10 Cobra -> Reshelled UM1

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #418 of 3,208

Quote:

iMod -> The Performance LOD by Plexcio Acoustics -> Mcaps by Plexcio Acoustics -> The Performance IC by Plexcio Acoustics -> iBasso D10 Cobra -> Reshelled UM1

So how does the Mcap affect the sound? I checked their website, but it does nto say much about the product.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #420 of 3,208

Quote:
So how does the Mcap affect the sound? I checked their website, but it does nto say much about the product.

Because I am using an iMod the caps greatly affect the sound I am hearing. The Mcaps compared to blackgates is not fight to me. The Mcaps bring out the clarity so much more than the blackgates. Bass is also much tighter and punchier, soundstage is also a lot wider compared to the blackgates. It's so amazing I now can't do without them! 
dt880smile.png

I did try it with my friend's normal iPod line out and I think it still does give the improvement mentioned above but not as great as compared to the iMod but still worth it though. I highly recommend you guys try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back