Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 17, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #376 of 3,208
Doesn't the LOD sound better?

Quote:
One week ago I said that the Custom Triple Fi 10's were my last upgrade for a while..... ONE WEEK AGO!!!!

Now, I upgraded the iPod for a Cowon J3 and am using a pure silver 3.5mm -> 3.5mm instead of the LOD.

I blame each and every one of you
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #377 of 3,208

Since I am using the Cowon now, it doesn't matter how the LOD sounds as I can't use it with that or the clip.

Quote:
Doesn't the LOD sound better?

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #380 of 3,208
Quote:
Well my portable rig is almost 100% complete. I only want one more thing, and that is the TWag IEM replacement cable. But anyways here is my near complete rig. 

I love the LOD i have,the one thing being it adds to the length of the complete system, Your lod is just about perfect, where can you get such a short LOD?

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #383 of 3,208
Very nice, clean shot you have there of the J3. It's simple but effective.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #385 of 3,208

Quote:
Very nice photos, Yoyostile. I wish I had a 5D. :)

Quote:
Bought those beautiful Sennheiser ie8 some days ago. Love them. I have to sell my "old" UE Super.Fi 5 EB... 
I'm still looking for a good alternative for my meizu... but I guess there is no DAP with such a great amplifier built in. 

Sometimes I listen to my iphone4 as well. Love the clear sound but the lack of a good eq is a pity. There's not enough bass for my taste. 

Holy crap! At ISO1600 as well! Full frame iso performance is amazing.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #387 of 3,208

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment.

Initially it was touch and go... I was kind of dissapointed with the J3 because I felt my Gen 4 iPod sounded pretty awesome with the LOD and other assorted kit I had gathered and the Cowon didn't sound 'that' much better if any at all.

However, after a few days and some familiarisation with the Cowon's EQ settings etc... I think the Cowon + interconnect wins the day.

Don't forget that the LOD is designed to shorten the path and bypass the iPods internal amplifier because the iPod gubbings are rubbish... however if you have a DAP with DECENT internals... feeding it via the 3.5mm isn't detrimental. IMHO

No I mean cowon with interconnect versus iPod with LOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back