Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Aug 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #348 of 3,208
The green one might be even better. You don't see that color too often so it must be a rare breed that's even better than red.

Anyway I got these in the mail today. They sound pretty good for $60 and once again I prove I am not a photographer :)

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #349 of 3,208
Pictures of my newly acquired 8GB Sansa Fuze. It was refurbished, only costing me $39 and arrived in like new condition so I'm pretty happy. As you'll see, I loaded it up with Rockbox and aside from a few hiccups (this is a V2 Fuze), I really enjoy its features and the ability to tailor sound to my liking or to a specific pair of headphones/IEMs.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #351 of 3,208

Quote:
Now that's a Clean Fuze. I only have to look at mine and it gets covered in fingerprints. Nice pics Thegame21x.

I bet he polished it especially before he took those photos , its way to shiny 
wink_face.gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #354 of 3,208
Mine was pretty much the same condition before I sold it. I had one of those nice clear cases but I did have to shave the bottom part so the usb would fit all the way in. Get a good case and it stays nice and clean :)

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #355 of 3,208

Quote:
I bet he polished it especially before he took those photos , its way to shiny 
wink_face.gif

I totally did. I'm pretty anal about fingerprints on my gadgets/screens so I definitely had to polish it up with my t-shirt before I snapped the pictures.
tongue_smile.gif

As far as cases are concerned, I've got one of the clear Bargaincell cases on order from Amazon that should be here later this week.

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #356 of 3,208
That's the one I had I believe. It was cheap like 2-3 bucks shipped and it's great with one caveat. The usb doesn't fit all the way so one side of slanted but the other side fits fine. What I suggest you do is take a file of some sort and shave it a bit so it fits fine if you don't mind the case not looking as clean. It took me around 5 minutes. It does work just fine even with one side not fitting all the way but that was just something that annoyed me. The other thing that bothered me was that dust got inside so you had to open it up to clean which required some kind of flat tool (I usually used a nail clipper edge or something) where you had to twist in the microsdhc area to get it to open.

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #357 of 3,208
Sounds like a tricky operation there rawrster , i have silicon cases for my ipod classics , costs around £10 a time over here .

Quote:
That's the one I had I believe. It was cheap like 2-3 bucks shipped and it's great with one caveat. The usb doesn't fit all the way so one side of slanted but the other side fits fine. What I suggest you do is take a file of some sort and shave it a bit so it fits fine if you don't mind the case not looking as clean. It took me around 5 minutes. It does work just fine even with one side not fitting all the way but that was just something that annoyed me. The other thing that bothered me was that dust got inside so you had to open it up to clean which required some kind of flat tool (I usually used a nail clipper edge or something) where you had to twist in the microsdhc area to get it to open.

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #358 of 3,208
Hardly tricky. It's actually pretty hard to mess it up. I would say impossible but I know there are people who will mess it up somehow. If given the choice I'll take a clear case like the one on the fuze on any dap over a silicone case. I don't really like the way they feel and I don't think they do much in terms of protecting the dap and also they don't add much bulk.

The case was great however. I would throw it in a small compartment in my bag and forget about it and not worry about it being damaged. If or rather when I get the J3 I'm going to get a similar case.

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #359 of 3,208
Sounds like you have made your mind up to get the J3 than @ rawrster  buddy ?  I rather like the feel of the silicon cases myself and they look attractive with there different themes , ive seen one with the cover of the hair of the dog album by one of my favorite groups , think i will be getting that 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #360 of 3,208
I'm waiting for my nano to sell first but after that I should have enough where I won't be spending much on the J3 after taking out the funds from my sales. I would of course be getting a clear case and a screen protector but they aren't that expensive. It's still not going to be in August. The battery and microsdhc are two very tempting things and not to mention more power than my clip+ although I do like my clip+ better than a lot of dap's I've heard. I might wait for dfkt's review but no hurry here. In the meantime I can decide if I want to do 8GB+16GB microsdhc or just a 16GB and get a 16GB microsdhc when I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back