Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Nov 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #1,246 of 3,208
Just did up my new portable Rig.

iPod Touch 32GB - Pico Slim - ALO LOD - Remolded UM3x (added additional driver to each side, so that effectively makes them Quad customs)

Really enjoying them so far, but I'm wondering if by using a 5.5G iPod will I get better performance cause of the Wolfson DAC? 

Nov 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #1,247 of 3,208
Who did your remolds? they look very nice, hope they sound as good as they look.
etysmile.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #1,249 of 3,208

Quote:
...Really enjoying them so far, but I'm wondering if by using a 5.5G iPod will I get better performance cause of the Wolfson DAC? 

I owned a 2G iTouch and a 5G iPod (same Wolfson DAC) and I definitely liked the 5G better.  I thought it was a warmer, less harsh sound signature.  However, my inexpensive Rockboxed Sansa devices (Clip and Fuze) still reign supreme for the sound signature that I like - as odd as that may seem.

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #1,250 of 3,208

Quote:
these were done by unique melody. and yes they sound pretty darn good! 

Hi Screamb,

Did you asked for UM to keep the filters or you took it of? Because my friend has two UM3X, one with filters and another one without it, and he said they soud different. The one without the filters sound more alive and crystalline but with a little sibilance. Thank You and nice portable rig!

Rodrigo

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #1,251 of 3,208

hmm okay.. that's interesting I have a iPod video but I've yet to listen to anything on it since I got my re-molds. 
Quote:
I owned a 2G iTouch and a 5G iPod (same Wolfson DAC) and I definitely liked the 5G better.  I thought it was a warmer, less harsh sound signature.  However, my inexpensive Rockboxed Sansa devices (Clip and Fuze) still reign supreme for the sound signature that I like - as odd as that may seem.

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #1,253 of 3,208
My Portable Rig

Iphone 4 32GB / Westone UM3X with removable cables / UE Triple Fi 10 Pro with Null Audio Lune Series and Sony hybrid tips

Rodrigo

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #1,255 of 3,208
Hi bjonbjonbjon ,

Very nice pictures. Do you like your IE8? What IEM you use more often, the Triple or the IE8? I may be swapping my UM3X with my friend's IE8!

Chears,
   Rodrigo

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #1,256 of 3,208
Hey rmappita,

Thanks, yeah the ie8 is great. I cant answer which i use more because i swap them everyday but what i can tell you is that im more attached to the triple's sound sig. I prefer listening live music with my ie8's more tho, it feels much more "livelier" compared to the triple's. Go ahead and swap it with your friend, you will not regret it. Let us know how it is when u get it.

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #1,259 of 3,208

Sweet find, i have been looking for mine it seems forever, same one you have in the pic. My wife packed it in a box somewhere just haven't gone through them all yet. Finding the disc's is going to be an even bigger challenge. Cheers
Quote:
A return to the old school - I found my 10 year old mini disc player in my garage today...

I just need to find a minidisc and I can let you know how it sounds!

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #1,260 of 3,208
Ahhhh I'm just going to wing it I don't know how to post images (I might just have the ugliest, most abused gear on this whole site...oh well I'm loving the sound
biggrin.gif
)

cimg1163ol.th.jpg
[/url]

(P.S. Does anyone know where to get pads similar to Grado flats but big enought to fit Sony MDR-V150's? I found that to be the perfect pad for the best sound)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back