Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #2,281 of 3,208

Quote:
Thank you! How are the SM3's treating you? I'm not gonna lie they have me mighty curious!

Quote:

What an awesome answer. Loved my DBA's too, when i had them.

They're treating me to a eargasm every single day.

Originlly i wasn't accustomed to the SM3s, coming from brighter iems such as the DBAs and the ER4P.

But over time as i got some brain burn in, it was such a delight, these SM3s~

The bass is fast and impactful with a good amount of body, with much better texture and finesse than the DBAs.

MIds, what can i say? IMHO the best iem to reproduce vocals, especially male vocals. For female vocals, it may not sound SOOOOOO DARN GOOD, but it sounds good nevertheless.
So fluid. So full and thick. So awesome.

Treble, ahhh. Not as good as the mids and the bass.. Hahahaha :p prefer the ER4P's and the DBA's highs. Idk, the SM3s doesn't have the sparkle and sheen? I suppose.. But treble is still good. yup!
You just have to appreciate it's warmer tone. Haha.

Soundstage is it's forte, in my opinion. Very 3D! I actually use them for gaming hehehehehehe. Not as big as a headphone's soundstage but it is very big for an iem.

I consider it a step up from the DBAs. But if i didn't get the SM3s, the DBAs would do just fine. Very fine, actually. ;D

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #2,282 of 3,208
Here is my winter setup.  These actually warm my ears pretty decent and make good sounding music.  I do apologize photography and picture editing are not very good skills of mine.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2,283 of 3,208

Quote:
Cheers! Thats a great  (and tough!) question. It would be between the Pana HJE900 and DBA-02. Not a slight on the orto's, they make certain genres sound magical. Unfortunately the one genre that I listen to the most (metal), it can be quite harsh (for distortion guitars). The DBA-02 and the Pana's do everything well, although I think the genres the orto's do well they do better than the other two. I also think I prefer the slightly more balanced and detailed sound of the DBA-02's, whereas the Pana's are more fun but less detailed. However the pana's build quality is a major factor too, the DBA's feel flimsy by comparison (I treat my IEM's well though). So if forced to choose at gunpoint, I would probably pick the DBA's. If I have to survive through a nuclear armageddon, the Pana's!

I agree......the funny thing is there basically the same except for some minor changes low wise. Anyhow, what tips are you using on both??? Looks like M11???

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2,285 of 3,208

Quote:
I agree......the funny thing is there basically the same except for some minor changes low wise. Anyhow, what tips are you using on both??? Looks like M11???

Quote:

Quote:
Anyhow, what tips are you using on both??? Looks like M11???

x2. I'm looking for something to keep my HJE900 inside my ears, they're pretty heavy, and triflange should do the trick.

I'm using the larger of the triple flange tips from my moms monster miles davis set. It has to be stretched out a bit over the nozzle of the HJE, but I think it has affected the sound in a very positive way, the sibilance is now ZERO...thats right, ZERO, as in not even a hint. Songs I couldn't listen to before are great to listen to now and the mids have come forward a bit too. I don't know if it is burn or a combo of burn in + tips, but these sound fantastic now. They stay in my ears now too 
biggrin.gif
, I run around with them in and they stay in just fine! Highly recommended

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #2,289 of 3,208

Not my best photo, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #2,293 of 3,208
good kitty! OW! Geroffme!

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #2,295 of 3,208
Lol^

Nice cat I should be getting a Siamese soon...waiting for moving situation to pan out.

@MatMaN, Try the Sony hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back