Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 29, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #2,251 of 3,208
Cheers! Thats a great  (and tough!) question. It would be between the Pana HJE900 and DBA-02. Not a slight on the orto's, they make certain genres sound magical. Unfortunately the one genre that I listen to the most (metal), it can be quite harsh (for distortion guitars). The DBA-02 and the Pana's do everything well, although I think the genres the orto's do well they do better than the other two. I also think I prefer the slightly more balanced and detailed sound of the DBA-02's, whereas the Pana's are more fun but less detailed. However the pana's build quality is a major factor too, the DBA's feel flimsy by comparison (I treat my IEM's well though). So if forced to choose at gunpoint, I would probably pick the DBA's. If I have to survive through a nuclear armageddon, the Pana's!

Quote:
Quote:

My J3 and my IEM's, DBA-02, Ortofon eq-5 and Pana HJE900

Nice stuff, Which one would you pick if you could have just one?

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #2,252 of 3,208

Quote:
Cheers! Thats a great  (and tough!) question. It would be between the Pana HJE900 and DBA-02. Not a slight on the orto's, they make certain genres sound magical. Unfortunately the one genre that I listen to the most (metal), it can be quite harsh (for distortion guitars). The DBA-02 and the Pana's do everything well, although I think the genres the orto's do well they do better than the other two. I also think I prefer the slightly more balanced and detailed sound of the DBA-02's, whereas the Pana's are more fun but less detailed. However the pana's build quality is a major factor too, the DBA's feel flimsy by comparison (I treat my IEM's well though). So if forced to choose at gunpoint, I would probably pick the DBA's. If I have to survive through a nuclear armageddon, the Pana's!

What an awesome answer. Loved my DBA's too, when i had them.

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #2,253 of 3,208
Jan 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2,255 of 3,208
My portable setup 

Ipod Video 5.5gen 240GB (Rockboxed) + UE Triple Fi.

My Transportable Setup 

Ipod Video 5.5gen 240GB (Rockboxed) + LOD +TTVJ Millet Portable Hybrid + AT-ESW10JPN

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #2,258 of 3,208

Certainly! It's Kizune's new Aero music player, you can download it at iaudiophile.net. It's fantastic, you can now make playlists on the go on the J3, its got a direct access button on the music player to the eq settings, ability to name custom eq's, very cool landscape mode, touchscreen volume control etc. Highly recommended!
Quote:

what type of UCI is that?
looks great, mind sharing it :D

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #2,260 of 3,208
Zune HD 32 > PA2V2 > Triple Fi 10's or Shure SCL2-k's

Alessandro MS-1's for work

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #2,262 of 3,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back