Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2,118 of 3,208

Quote:
The PortaPros respond very nicely to being EQ'd. They do not lack bass at all. Listen to Smooth Criminal, particularly the first part with the heart-beat.

I've just discovered the KSC-75 : the Portapro is reported the same headphone with a proper headband to clamp the earcups onto your head and give you improved bass response. I would defy anyone other than the most ardent headbanger to describe the sound that comes out of these things as 'bass shy' : if anything, I have to wonder whether I could handle several hours with the drivers clamped tightly to my ears.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #2,120 of 3,208
I have both. The KSC75 has a titanium coated driver and has more treble/PRaT and airier sound (which is not just a product of placement. The drivers of the Porta and KSC75 are interchangeable.)

I really need to post pics. I probably will when my N2 comes in. Got a lot of nice goodies to show off.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Quote:
The PortaPros respond very nicely to being EQ'd. They do not lack bass at all. Listen to Smooth Criminal, particularly the first part with the heart-beat.

I've just discovered the KSC-75 : the Portapro is reported the same headphone with a proper headband to clamp the earcups onto your head and give you improved bass response. I would defy anyone other than the most ardent headbanger to describe the sound that comes out of these things as 'bass shy' : if anything, I have to wonder whether I could handle several hours with the drivers clamped tightly to my ears.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #2,123 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean album art? If so, then it is the cover for the album called Metallica (otherwise known as the Black Album). 

No I meant behind the album art...the grey and all.

It's just the standard background taken in the black and white settings on my camera. I'm not using any wallpaper or UCI. I used to use multiple UCIs, but I screwed up a setting in Claw and had to remove it. Ever since then I haven't really found the time to experiment with other UCIs. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #2,124 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean album art? If so, then it is the cover for the album called Metallica (otherwise known as the Black Album). 

No I meant behind the album art...the grey and all.

It's just the standard background (for 2.53) taken in the black and white settings on my camera. I'm not using any wallpaper or UCI. I used to use multiple UCIs, but I screwed up a setting in Claw and had to remove it. Ever since then I haven't really found the time to experiment with other UCIs. 

Quote:
Quote:

I actually found them quite comfortable. They don't cling to hard on my head, which I'd say is average-sized. If you have a large head I can see if it would be a problem considering the headband doesn't extend all too long. Another track to really enjoy the PortaPros with is "God of War 3: Overture".  It was like listening to a whole new track when compared to the iM-590.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #2,125 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually found them quite comfortable. They don't cling to hard on my head, which I'd say is average-sized. If you have a large head I can see if it would be a problem considering the headband doesn't extend all too long. Another track to really enjoy the PortaPros with is "God of War 3: Overture".  It was like listening to a whole new track when compared to the iM-590.

I've had them on for a couple of hours now, and they seem comfortable enough to me. Of course, I keep my hair buzzed, so the legendary hair pulling isn't an issue for me.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #2,126 of 3,208

Quote:
It's just the standard background taken in the black and white settings on my camera. I'm not using any wallpaper or UCI. I used to use multiple UCIs, but I screwed up a setting in Claw and had to remove it. Ever since then I haven't really found the time to experiment with other UCIs. 

Gotcha.

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #2,128 of 3,208
I just got the KSC75s the other day, and love them. I use my Iriver H120 which outputs a lot of power and has Rockbox, and usually put the bass to +10 or +20, depending on what I am listening to. I modded them by cutting holes in the earpads and putting another set of earpads I had over that. They sound even better now. There is real bass to them, at least with EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back