Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jun 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #5,641 of 5,950

Quote:

HD238 portable headphone and Hippo MP3 player

I didn't know there was a Hippo MP3 player.....is it any good?

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #5,642 of 5,950

Quote:
It still confuses my why people waste money on connecting from a headphone out to an amp... You need a true line out to justify any sort of gain in quality.

Sometimes you simply need more power.
darthsmile.gif

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #5,643 of 5,950
@YOUNGSPADE,please resize those pics,you are killing us here! besides k702 doesnt deserve all these pics
wink.gif
 it doesnt sound that good.

And people please stop quoting the same pics over and over again.

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #5,644 of 5,950

Quote:
wow never heard of these... they look pretty sick though... 3ple drivers?? nice!

Yeah, triple driver universals from France. They are really nice!

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #5,645 of 5,950

Quote:
^I am jealous. How does it sound? :D :D :D

They sound wonderful. Very open, spacious, airy, detailed... And they have a decent bass for BA triples. I'm an admitted basshead who's always preferred dynamic driver earphones over BA, and these are the first BA's I've really enjoyed through and through. 

Quote:
flying lotus huh? good music taste:) how do the sm3 sound with that type of music?

Oh man, they do great with Flying Lotus. With my FX700's, the treble details can be borderline harsh/ bright, but these preserve all the detail and do it with smoothness. You really hear each instrument/sound in their complex and layered music. Their bouncing and playful basslines are especially fun to follow. 

So you're a fan too? This is the first album of theirs I've purchased or listened to. I heard a special about them on NPR, and had to get it right away. Great stuff. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #5,647 of 5,950
@Rawrster, 

Are those the Ety tri-flange tips? Before I go the custom route with my DBA-02, I want to test out a few different tips and see how I like them. Do those tips fit properly out of the box, or did you have to trim/decore/etc them to fit? Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #5,648 of 5,950

Quote:
They sound wonderful. Very open, spacious, airy, detailed... And they have a decent bass for BA triples. I'm an admitted basshead who's always preferred dynamic driver earphones over BA, and these are the first BA's I've really enjoyed through and through. 

Oh man, they do great with Flying Lotus. With my FX700's, the treble details can be borderline harsh/ bright, but these preserve all the detail and do it with smoothness. You really hear each instrument/sound in their complex and layered music. Their bouncing and playful basslines are especially fun to follow. 

So you're a fan too? This is the first album of theirs I've purchased or listened to. I heard a special about them on NPR, and had to get it right away. Great stuff. 

i'm defenitely a fan:wink: i've got the cd LA. but i love much more electronic music like: daft punk, soulwax, justice, aeroplane, faithless, booka shade, boy 8-bit and so on...
but really if you wnat to talk about those things (wich i would) we should do that in pm's cuz i's too off-topic.:)

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #5,649 of 5,950

Quote:
@Rawrster, 

Are those the Ety tri-flange tips? Before I go the custom route with my DBA-02, I want to test out a few different tips and see how I like them. Do those tips fit properly out of the box, or did you have to trim/decore/etc them to fit? Thanks!

They are the Shure triple flanges with some of the stalk trimmed. The Etymotic tips are gray in color and not as stiff.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #5,651 of 5,950
Very nice looking rigs guys, keep em coming :) I have to admit I saved every picture that was posted up here in all of the picture threads. Going back and looking at them and picking favorites is always fun :) 

But yea I went back and trimmed down the pictures; didn't know they would be that big, sorry :)

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #5,652 of 5,950
(Excuse the rubbish pictures, just so easy to snap on the E71 and email straight through to my Photobucket account from the phone 
tongue.gif
)

Brilliant album IMO!

64gb Jailbroken iPod Touch & FiiO L3 LOD, FiiO E7, and Earpeace Livewires T1.

Shame my Livewires have broken
frown.gif
 - The customer services is shocking, otherwise i'd have no hesitation in purchasing the new Trips, or sending then in for repair... I love them! But I just can't get replies to my emails, and the wait is too long! 
frown.gif

Thanks to Shane (the brilliant man behind lambayrules.ie) for the loan of the E7... I'll be writing a review shortly 
dt880smile.png

Matt

(Excuse the rubbish pictures, just so easy to snap on the E72 and email straight through to my Photobucket account from the phone 
tongue.gif
)

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #5,653 of 5,950
^ Nice Baines63. How you liking the FiiO amp?

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #5,655 of 5,950

Quote:
It still confuses my why people waste money on connecting from a headphone out to an amp... You need a true line out to justify any sort of gain in quality.

Well even us (Olde Tech) guys had "high tech" portable rigs with quality sound back in the day.  How about a Sony WALKMAN with LINE OUT and Headphone jacks !  Direct drive (no belts  W/F:, 0.07% WRMS (NAB)  quartz locked speed , Dolby C and Amorphous head the best tape head produced by Sony.  And depending on +/- db rating of different sources 40-20,000 Hz.

SONY WM-DC2   ( 1984 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back