Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jun 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #5,597 of 5,950

Quote:
This is My Rig.
Japan's high speed train, the Shinkansen has been taken.
The amplifier names Trapezium.Made by Tokyou university students.
This is "discrete amp"

White part is the amplifier parts. Are interchangeable.

Amplifier parts. There are two types. β and α.

I've heard one of these amps and can vouch that it sounds very good. Actually, the DIY scene in Tokyo is amazing; you have to hear it and see it to believe. The amp is somewhat squirly though, but nothing a new case won't fix. Wonderful stuff.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #5,599 of 5,950
Any purveyors of the Clip+ experiencing/noticing the pitch bug? I'm thinking about ordering one to use with my Earsonics SM3s, but don't want to pull the trigger until I hear from someone with sweet set of phones using the Clip+.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #5,601 of 5,950

Quote:
You've changed font or it's fake iPhone?

It's possible to change a lot of stuff, not only fonts, when an iPhone is jailbroken. 
dt880smile.png

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #5,602 of 5,950

Quote:
Any purveyors of the Clip+ experiencing/noticing the pitch bug? I'm thinking about ordering one to use with my Earsonics SM3s, but don't want to pull the trigger until I hear from someone with sweet set of phones using the Clip+.

I've read about the pitch problem before, but I personally have never noticed it. I don't know if some people are more sensitive to it, or if my player just doesn't do it. I use mine with my Nationite Brainwavz M1's. Sounds good to me. I would like to buy some cans.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #5,604 of 5,950

I collect Cassette walkmans... yeah I know old tech but honestly some of the better models are increadable sounding and I prefer a anolog signal especially recorded from a dbx vinyl disc using Dynavector moving coil cartridge.  Dynamic range and quietness is superb.  I have 322 walkmans nearly one for each day !  Some true rarities as the (all dolby C) Sony WM-DC2, WM-DD9, D6C, Panasonic RQ-S80 dolby C, RX-S40 direct drive, Aiwa HS-PC202 dolby C

Usually best match for walkmans excluding best ones is the Koss Porta Pro as tape his is not reproduced well ;=)
A pair of Creative Labs EP630  a great bargain for the money beware only buy from Creative as many knock offs on ebay.

I often enjoy the older early 80's walkman for their very powerful amps that you dont have to push them so not in the distortion range yet plays clean and LOUD.
A good example of early built like a tank, sound is very good for this era as no other mfg. had a player to compete with sony WM-5.
If interested I have a WM-5 on ebay in black that apparently less than 1% of production was black rest all silver.  Stunning portable.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200479666978&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

VIDEO

[size=x-large]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFsBb8ok_I[/size]

[size=x-large]Check out the VINTAGE Portable Forum[/size]
[size=x-large]www.stereo2go.com[/size]
[size=x-large]we welcome new members[/size]

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #5,605 of 5,950
Sweet pics, WalkmanJohnFL!

On the orders of Optimus Prime, the Clipless+ takes Roller on patrol in the Monkey Grass Rainforest...

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #5,607 of 5,950
WalkmanJohnFL, hell of a collection you got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back