Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 25, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #5,146 of 5,950
no clue what i bought just said adhesive and looked pretty and watched little video on how it works
smily_headphones1.gif
when you do it at the corners pinch it as tight as you can then cut that off then reheat and it should end up clean.

i care more of the lod then the ipod
smily_headphones1.gif
never found a good way to hide the glue before now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #5,147 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the one I still had locally. I don't have a Clipv2 myself, so I dunno how well it works. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

going on 3:00, so may be stable! I love the clip - it is like a better iPod shuffle 1G - no hiss! But, the iPod shuffle was a lot more impressive with channel separation under load, but this badboy has a screen and rockbox! gapless finallly on a tiny player. I hate my fuze and wish I never bought it - horrid, horrid interface, even rockboxed, that wheel is so hard to use with the nipple. Clip is better in every way.

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #5,148 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
going on 3:00, so may be stable! I love the clip - it is like a better iPod shuffle 1G - no hiss! But ...

What version is that Clip?

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #5,152 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful all black rig you got there WalkGood. Looks like you dipped that IC in liquid rubber? I gotta build me one of those when my Slim gets here.

Thanks Lexington and yes it's liquid rubber called plasti dip, more pictures of the IC mini bridge and the link for rubber is here in the DIY thread. BTW home depot carries the small dip can and spray.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #5,153 of 5,950
Quote:

going on 3:00, so may be stable! I love the clip - it is like a better iPod shuffle 1G - no hiss! But, the iPod shuffle was a lot more impressive with channel separation under load, but this badboy has a screen and rockbox! gapless finallly on a tiny player. I hate my fuze and wish I never bought it - horrid, horrid interface, even rockboxed, that wheel is so hard to use with the nipple. Clip is better in every way.

Glad it works. Yeah, Rockboxed Clip is pretty badass... I hardly ever reach for anything else when leaving the house, it's just so very practical and easy to carry. Can't complain about channel separation with anything above 32 Ohm phones, but yeah, below that it's the same as any other player. I wonder how the Clip would fare, paired with a Pico Slim.
wink.gif

Can't say about the Fuze, never held one in hands - but I remember the old Sansa e200 having a really cumbersome mechanical wheel as well. I sure prefer the Clip's standard "+" button layout. And dedicated volume controls of course rock, too.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #5,154 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really happy with the DAP,LOD,Amp & IEM combo. I'm new to the audio world so I don't have anything to really compare it against though. -snip-
All I can say is my rig sounds like his' big brother on major steroids! lol I'm very happy with the sound quality to say the least! The Arrow 12HE really opened up the sound, made things clearer, increased the soundstage & bass of the MTPC. The LOD made quite a bit of difference from a mini-mini connector cable too. I'm just counting down til I see that beautiful UPS truck pull up to my house on Tuesday with a JH audio box!! lol

"Sounds" like an awesome rig, congrats! I predict, however, that once you get your JH-16s you will set your sights on an iMod or DIYmod. It's the only place left to go with that rig IMHO, and you obviously have your sights set high
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #5,155 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no clue what i bought just said adhesive and looked pretty and watched little video on how it works
smily_headphones1.gif
when you do it at the corners pinch it as tight as you can then cut that off then reheat and it should end up clean.

i care more of the lod then the ipod
smily_headphones1.gif
never found a good way to hide the glue before now
smily_headphones1.gif

Really nice job on that carbon fiber momo, is the glue easily reversible/removable?

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #5,156 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by feiraron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My portable rig
close up
KISS
people complaint of the isolation, but i found that its perfect, block out noise to the point that it isnt annoying but still makes you aware of your surrounding..

Wow, so beautiful. Wonder how they sound together.

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #5,157 of 5,950
Quote:

Well, this badboy is my Clip V2 sent by a really nice Headfier whom I cannot remember - better check my PM box.

Earphones are the Earsonics EM3Pro

Sweet little rig. I couldn't remember which version that Woot deal was.

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #5,158 of 5,950
Haha! It is the Clip V2 - thank you my friend!
wink.gif
- with Rockbox, it is great. Love the form factor - you and DFKT replaced my Shuffle 1G very well, but made it better.

I was just checking the old threads and found that... we have upgraded ourselves hugely. The first and second versions were full of pretty sad hardware. Sure, a few nice CD players, but at a headphone website, pretty sad stuff. The market has really adapted to people like us and to city folk in general: people who need stuff in their ears to drown out the buss and train. Wow.

Now, we carry earphones worth 1000$ on top of cables and amps and DAP's (some which are worth the same) for a suite of 2000$ on the go pleasure...wow.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #5,159 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, so beautiful. Wonder how they sound together.

Thanks!, it sounds headbanging great huhu..

Analytical and neutral it aint, but why would I want that for a portable anyway,
if you're lookin for super FUN on the go, cant go wrong with this

its a pleasure for non IEM users for me, i cant stand IEM "underwater" feel,
and earbud is miles behind when it came to SQ,
probably the end of the road for portable for me..

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #5,160 of 5,950
Quote:

Haha! It is the Clip V2 - thank you my friend!
wink.gif
- with Rockbox, it is great. Love the form factor - you and DFKT replaced my Shuffle 1G very well, but made it better.

I was just checking the old threads and found that... we have upgraded ourselves hugely. The first and second versions were full of pretty sad hardware. Sure, a few nice CD players, but at a headphone website, pretty sad stuff. The market has really adapted to people like us and to city folk in general: people who need stuff in their ears to drown out the buss and train. Wow.

Now, we carry earphones worth 1000$ on top of cables and amps and DAP's (some which are worth the same) for a suite of 2000$ on the go pleasure...wow.

You are most welcome.
beerchug.gif

So many of us have 1K+ rigs that we carry around. It seems insane for non-audio folks but surely worth it for me.

...so this was posted in the e-Q7 thread but I figured I better post something instead of just rambling.

IMG_3193.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back