Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Mar 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #4,771 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jailbreak an iPod touch?!?

I don't get it. For non-authorized apps?

Non-authorised apps, as well as pirated apps (not my cup of tea though), multi-tasking too, and UI modification too if you like etc.

I'm doing it to keep the UI stock, but add the multi-tasking and unofficial apps.

See the Wikipedia article here for more info.

Matt

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #4,772 of 5,950
My new toy - I walked into my local Curry's store at the weekend, they were totally out of stock of 8gb Clip+'s; they did however have 2gb Clip+'s for £19.99!

At that price I thought it was too good a bargain to miss, I then discovered that Carphone Warehouse are selling 8gb Sandisk Micro SD cards on-line for £12.99 so I ended up with 10gb in total For £32.98 - Not bad at all, in fact I'm well chuffed.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #4,774 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@maporte nice portable setup. what's the synergy like between the clip+ and e5?

No complaints at all, the whole setup sounds really good to my ears, the IEM's are Apple ADDIEM's; they're the most comfortable fitting IEM's I used to date - I've certainly got plenty of bass with this rig
atsmile.gif

It's ultra portable even with the E5 and quickly becoming my favourite setup to date.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #4,775 of 5,950
nice. i was interested to hear if the sound signature of the clip+ changed at all with the E5 or are you using it primarily for the low end boost? my clip+ and IE8 unamped sound awesome and im wondering if the E5 would improve the sound at all..

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #4,776 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new toy - I walked into my local Curry's store at the weekend, they were totally out of stock of 8gb Clip+'s; they did however have 2gb Clip+'s for £19.99!

Nice deal! Along with rockbox that's very hard to resist
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #4,777 of 5,950
nice. i was interested to hear if the sound signature of the clip+ changed at all with the E5 or are you using it primarily for the low end boost? my clip+ and IE8 unamped sound awesome and im wondering if the E5 would improve the sound at all..

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #4,778 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't heard the E5, but if you put Rockbox on your Clip+, you'll get alot more EQ options. Playing with the EQ in Rockbox will probably give you better results which you can fine-tune to the way you like, and Rockbox will give you more accurate volume control (1 dB per step). There was a recent thread about EQing, and the member that posted it said the IE8 got much better with extensive EQing. Of course, if you've got the money for the E5 lying around, why not just go for it since it's so cheap? Then again, Rockbox is free...

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #4,780 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it sounds exactly the same but takes up less space on the player. Actually, LAME -v0 encodes are already overkill, I couldn't distinguish them in ABX tests from either FLAC or LAME -v2 encodes. But it gives me that little bit of peace of mind knowing they're -v0. I'm silly like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LAME -v0 is what I use and I find it suitable for portable use. Unless you have amazing hearing or have some ridiculous sounding gear (like what I would imagine an imod, hifiman, etc to sound like) then it probably won't make too much of a difference for most people. It also saves a lot of space
smily_headphones1.gif

I get it now; coming from the iPod universe I think of rockbox as being for flac, but I can see you guys really appreciate the customization it offers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Non-authorised apps, as well as pirated apps (not my cup of tea though), multi-tasking too, and UI modification too if you like etc.

I'm doing it to keep the UI stock, but add the multi-tasking and unofficial apps.

See the Wikipedia article here for more info.

Matt

Cool; I always assumed "jailbreaking" as a just a way to get out of AT&T's gsm stranglehold on iPhones, it works for the iTunes app store and more I see

Thanks you guys
biggrin.gif
!

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #4,781 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some people to post pictures of their iPod Touch rigs! Simple rigs, and uber massive super SQ rigs!

Make me excited about my 64gb Touch and red Incase Slider coming next week please... help me jusitfy it to myself, and reassure myself of it's awesomeness, and stop thinking about all the money it's costing! :p

Plus it'll give me general rig ideas, as well as app ideas, Jailbreak ideas, and case ideas! :p

here are mine, not much, but enough for me
beerchug.gif

sorry for the crappy pics ^_^
T30.8453811_45374_1.jpg

CS0.8453813_45374_1.jpg

Ipod Touch 32GB Gen 3rd --> UE Triple Fi. 10 remold by Fisher Hearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back