Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Feb 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #4,353 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess ignorance is bliss. I prefer my clip+ to my iphone 3Gs, and i'd bet you would call that golden.

ah, just trolling.

I love the clip, too. just, I don't know that it needs to get amped for the PK3.

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #4,354 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah, just trolling.

I love the clip, too. just, I don't know that it needs to get amped for the PK3.

I originally got the amp to use with my Beyerdynamic DT770-80's so the PK3's will need an upgrade for portable enjoyment of the amp. Currently thinking about the Sennheiser HD25-II.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #4,355 of 5,950
_MG_8681.jpg

_MG_8678.jpg

_MG_8683.jpg

_MG_8680.jpg

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #4,356 of 5,950
So, because no one else will ask, whats up with rockbox on the clip+? Because that would be enough for me to finally get one I think.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #4,357 of 5,950
1st picture is way too bright. but cool E7.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #4,358 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or better yet, use a pair of Oakleys!!!

Or better yet these Oakleys!!!

images

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #4,359 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, because no one else will ask, whats up with rockbox on the clip+? Because that would be enough for me to finally get one I think.

They're still trying to make it. You can keep up with it at the Rockbox forums. The Clip+ is still a great MP3 player, even without Rockbox. I can't wait for a Clip+ port, but I'd also like to see a Fuze v2 port. Since I'm not helping develop it in any way, I'll quit complaining now.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #4,361 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check this site occasionally, all progress will be shown here: SansaAMS < Main < Wiki

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt, You got the E7? Any good?

It's an interesting thing... I will do a short writeup soon.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #4,365 of 5,950
Not exactly pocket-sized, more of a briefcase rig but it sounds really good and will run for a few hours without external power. I guess it's my "power outage rig", which can be handy up here when it goes out and you don't need to start up the generator but want some TUNES! I have the whole thing hooked up to a UPS which greatly extends useage time, but this one beeps too much...

I threw in the old motorola bluetooth combo because it runs well out of the back of the uDac, but the transmitter has a wall wart, so it isn't as "off the grid" or mobile as the rest of the setup, which will run without the UPS. The uDac matches the red external USB-powered ALAC drove, and the old 12" G4 powerbook is a little beat up but still goes strong.

The motorola transmitter needs power but the powerbook has bluetooth (stereo?), need to try that but no uDac that way. Both cans fold flat obviously, and it's only a 12" notebook so it qualifies IMHO
wink.gif

You could actually act like you are "working" with this rig when you are just updating your tags and downloading album art in public
powerbook%20rig.JPG

Not my usual reading material, I swear...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back