Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #4,096 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
img0008xi.jpg

Very nice indeed, love those Denons. What MP3 player is that and do you use a amp with the Denons and the AKG K701?

Out of the two which do you prefer, the Denons or the K701?

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #4,097 of 5,950
^OMG love that dock, where did you get it?

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #4,099 of 5,950
^^ Thanks! Yeah, the D2000's are a really great headphones. They perform well with most types of music and have a decent sound stage. They are really fun to listen to.

I used to prefer my K701's over the D2000, but now I have mixed feelings. They both do very different things. The K701's are my choice for live music, blues/jazz and anything that really puts the vocals in the limelight. The 701's have a very airy and detailed SQ, and a massive sound stage. If you listen to a great recording on them, at times you feel as if you're sitting only a few seats away from actual recording, or performance. The D2000's are really fun, and do awesomely when listening to electronic, dance, acoustics/strings and most rock (it seems that I have a hard time getting good rock recordings to sound great on either set of cans)

The DAP is the s:flo2 media player. It's full touch screen and the manufacturer is based out of China. Nationite is the brand, and you can buy it at mp4nation.net

About the player, you can see a full writeup here:http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/s-...thread-461156/

IMO, it's easily the absolute BEST player on the market. I've owned the sansa fuze, ipod classic/touch/mini, iriver's, and even the Amp3 Pro2 player (2nd best player to this), and the sflo2 blows everything out of the water. It has a phillips amplifier as well as TWO wolfson dacs built into it. It's ridiculous how much audiophile grade tech they packed into this thing, but even more fascinating is how other players seem like cheap toys after listening to it. I would even venture to say that I enjoy it better than my Little Dot MK IV tube amp...it's that good. It drives the D2000's perfectly. I have found that it pairs better than any of my other equipment with my D2000's. Unfortunately, the sflo2 isn't up to par when driving my K701's. Most amps are, and portable amps are almost always out of the question. For the K701's, you need a powerful headphone amp to drive them properly, or else you will be cheating yourself of what the K701's are capable of. .

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #4,101 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like this one: LUXA2 Store - H1-Touch | LH0001

Yup, that's the one
smily_headphones1.gif

I did a little unboxing/review of both the luxa2 and the sflo2 on my youtube account Here if you're interested. I'm gonna try and put all of my audio unboxings on youtube if I have the time.

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #4,102 of 5,950
Sansa Clip+ 4GB (16GB microSD) => Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 200s with Comply tips

DSCF0503.jpg
DSCF0525.jpg

Sansa Clip+ 4GB (16GB microSD) => Fiio E5 => HeadRoom 4" IC => Koss PortaPros with Sennheiser HD414 earpads

DSCF0507.jpg

Portable rig bag:

DSCF0510.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #4,103 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
snip...

IMO, it's easily the absolute BEST player on the market. I've owned the sansa fuze, ipod classic/touch/mini, iriver's, and even the Amp3 Pro2 player (2nd best player to this), a.....blah blah......

i'm sure it sounds very very good, really i'm sure it does i'm not doubting that, but to make such a statement as above is meaningless, as I doubt very much you have heard those that will better it; possibly rehearse the phrase 'to these ears' and you will avoid annoying posts like this one
tongue.gif

by all means love you player to bits, I do mine, but maybe try to stay away from funny business, it just discredits what you say.

rant over
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #4,104 of 5,950
Here is the rest of my portable rig. I don't use my iPhone for music but do use it for movies on a plane. Alongside are my JH Audio 13pros. I think that's all I've got. I do have a Xin amp that is used at home, not pictured.

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #4,106 of 5,950
me too
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #4,109 of 5,950
Some damn nice rigs in this thread and I'll bet they sound even better!
Can't wait to start rollin some amps when I'm out'n'about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back