Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Mar 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #2,132 of 5,950
WalkGood,

A $50 DAP with a $500 amp. You so crazy!
HD6xx.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2,134 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the SQ diffrence huge with an amp or without?
Particularry with the clip.

Yes. Huge. Especially with what WalkGood is using there...Pico into HD 650. I've plugged my 650 straight into my clip, maxed the volume and, well, not terribly horrible for low level listening but the Clip/Pico combo can work and sounds very good for what it is.

Mar 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2,135 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now THATS a rig. Good call.

heh, thanks but rockbox for the Clip is still glitchy, can’t wait for it to be done as the sound enhancements are awesome and the Clip's OF eq is not good, you have to listen to the OF flat. Lately I’ve had less sound glitch’s than normal, if I play it for long periods I only get a few minor sound gliches an hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WalkGood,
A $50 DAP with a $500 amp. You so crazy!
HD6xx.gif

Hi GreatDane, hope all’s been good, long time no chat … I set the rig up for our oldest son this morning and he really loved it. As you must know, I don’t take the 650s out of the house and they're normally mated with the Woo 6.

Quote:

Is the SQ diffrence huge with an amp or without?
Particularry with the clip.

Yes, although today I didn’t test the hd650s/clip without an amp, I guess it might drive them, but certainly not how they’re meant to perform best. The hd650s are 300 ohm headphones, which means they will need more power to give that warm sound quality, improved bass performance and better defined treble reproduction that they are capable of delivering.

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #2,136 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, although today I didn’t test the hd650s/clip without an amp, I guess it might drive them, but certainly not how they’re meant to perform best. The hd650s are 300 ohm headphones, which means they will need more power to give that warm sound quality, improved bass performance and better defined treble reproduction that they are capable of delivering.

How about with IEM?

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #2,137 of 5,950
Quote:

How about with IEM?

The beauty of the Clip is that it's a great player to just grab and run around with, being that it's so small and good sq ... So I don't normally amp it and for iem's it really doesn't need to be amp'd. It's not my main player, but I love running rockbox on it. My main player that I pair with the pico is the i7, below and I carry it in a cheap camera case on belt, I believe there's some pics of it somewhere in this thread, but here's another:

100_4742.jpg

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #2,145 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by fungus amongus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup NayMan. How does the 3's pair with the Mustang?

now still can't answer a few, because the Mustang don't pass burn in, but for first impression bass and middle sound is full go up ,

after burn-in I think it should be improve
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back