Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 26, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #976 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
o_________0

(10 min after writing the smiley, I realize I don't have any words to describe it any further)

He he
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no way!

now repent and never do that again

Way!
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #977 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is that even a competitor to an iphone?? the whole point of an iphone being that its all in one slimline package. which ermmm that is not. all the same merry christmas to you to
smile.gif

Well, for me, an iPhone cannot replace my D2 for music, and it costs so much for a 15 year old teenager... So I cannot have an all in one package, and what would be the point in carrying an iPhone (which I can't afford!), and a Cowon d2? The E61 has a tactile keyboard which I wanted, a MiniSD slot, and isn't tied into itunes, as is my Cowon... I like the iPhone's design, but it is not for me. The iPhone is great for some people, but it can't replace MY portable music rig, so I cannot have an all in one package yet, and the E61 is very cheap now, and does just as much if not more IMO. I'm a nerd too, I like Symbian! Sorry my original post was bit iPhone-hate and biased... I was in a hurry, it just came out fast!

and, Walie, no, it isn't the i model, I don't have a need for a camera on my phone, and with everyone having money problems, the E61i was out of my budget this Christmas. Yes it's prettier, but thats about it. My E61 is black anyway, it looks much more modern in black (IMO)... and Yes, i would love an E71, but at over £200 PAYG, a) I cant afford one, b) i'm not on contract, and c) if an E61i is too expensive, an E71 is insane, and lastly, I couldnt justify spending that much on a phone yet, at 15 (almost 16) and saving every penny for a car in early 2010.

---

Reasonably on topic, how do you suggest organising 26.89gb of music alphabetically spread on 3 8gb SD cards, one 16gb SD card, and 4gb of internal memory so that the spare space is evenly spread (eg. 2gb free on the 8's and 4gb free on the 16). I should be fine when it comes to the file limit, I have the newest D2 firmware, which makes 16gb cards full before they reach the file limit for my sized files. I just don't know where to start.

Matt

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #978 of 5,950
i'm a bit of a nerd too, if you hadnt noticed
wink.gif
.. I wouldve thought being able to run terminal on a jailbroken iphone would have more nerd value
wink.gif
. but thats cool man; I didnt take any offence; I just didnt see how it compared. using that logic I could compare my diymod, VCAP dock and pico to a stock ipod; or any other dao for that matter.

but in answer to your question. I would suggest just going back to scratch. reformatting the cards and organizing the files in sized folders; or perhaps virtual disc images with finite size limits, on your computer. then filling each one up till they are full. then simply dump the whole folder onto each card in turn. then you can just keep those disk images on file and when you want to change your music, just fill it up again and there you go you will never exceed you defined limit. is this because of some pre-defined memory addressing limit on the D2??

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #979 of 5,950
There is a file limit. When I got it, i ordered 2 8gb SD cards, as the 16gb ones would have been hit the 2,000 (or something) file file-limit, then before they arrived, Cowon churned out an update which boosted the file limit to 3,000 or so, allowing me to use 16gb SD cards (would be full before file limit reached), but not 32gb cards, yet. Shame, I like to shuffle ALL of my music.

Matt

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #980 of 5,950
The D2 has a 4000 file limit on the internal/4000 file limit on the external memory. That equals 8000 total. Unless you've got them encoded to crap bitrates, there's no reason to get 8gb cards to swap constantly. I have a 16gb card in my D2, and not a problem.

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #982 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reasonably on topic, how do you suggest organising 26.89gb of music alphabetically spread on 3 8gb SD cards, one 16gb SD card, and 4gb of internal memory so that the spare space is evenly spread (eg. 2gb free on the 8's and 4gb free on the 16). I should be fine when it comes to the file limit, I have the newest D2 firmware, which makes 16gb cards full before they reach the file limit for my sized files. I just don't know where to start.

Matt

4GB internal leaves 23 GB spread out on 4000 files, average of 5,75 per file. If you put the smallest files on the internal memory, you should be able to sell your 8gb and 16gb cards and get a 32gb card and fit it all.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #983 of 5,950
Whats the highest microsd capacity now?

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #985 of 5,950
i believe 32gb. which is very expensive, for some odd reason, every microsd card after 8gb is very expensive. around 50-70 dollars for a 16gb while the 8gb u can get for 20 bucks.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #986 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i believe 32gb. which is very expensive, for some odd reason, every microsd card after 8gb is very expensive. around 50-70 dollars for a 16gb while the 8gb u can get for 20 bucks.

It's expensive to make NAND elements that small and that densely packed. Takes some serious equipment to do it.

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #988 of 5,950
If they had a shrink ray, they wouldnt have that problem! They could make 1tb microsds in a huge forum, then shrink em down to size!

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #990 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did your girlfriend see your wallpaper?
ph34r.gif

Maybe it's her....

pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back