Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 14, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #751 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people prefer the interface. There is a MUCH better EQ, crossfeed, pan/balance, a ton of other audio adjustments, folder browsing, and I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff.

Gapless, last.fm scrobbling, Musepack (MPC)/AAC/ALAC/Speex/etc support, file/folder browsing, ... the list goes on.
smily_headphones1.gif

WhyRockbox < Main < TWiki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rockbox no the Clip...how functional is it? and since you can't use games, what do you gain out of it??

It's still buggy and not supported by the Rockbox team. If you want to try it you have to compile it yourself from SVN.

Games are pretty much the least interesting part of Rockbox, IMO. Although the Clip has the games of course (except Doom and GB/GBC emulator, for obvious reasons...)

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #753 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, last.fm. I have Rockbox on my iPod and it runs incredibly slow so I use my default firmware, but last.fm scrobbling still works, which is pretty cool.

lastfm works on ipods without rockbox too...

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #757 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gapless, last.fm scrobbling, Musepack (MPC)/AAC/ALAC/Speex/etc support, file/folder browsing, ... the list goes on.
smily_headphones1.gif

WhyRockbox < Main < TWiki

It's still buggy and not supported by the Rockbox team. If you want to try it you have to compile it yourself from SVN.

Games are pretty much the least interesting part of Rockbox, IMO. Although the Clip has the games of course (except Doom and GB/GBC emulator, for obvious reasons...)

I can't wait until Rockbox is fully supported on the Fuze/Clip, it will be so awesome!

Dec 14, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #758 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you got the itunes plugin for lastfm, lastfm will see the difference in play count on itunes when you synch your pod and scrobble it.

Oh I see. I was just pointing out a cool feature, there are plenty of other reasons to get Rockbox.

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #763 of 5,950
...just a quick comment about those cases for ipod videos and classics...

I found that "crap" gets under the case and scratches surface of the ipod. To solve this problem, i use the clear overlays.

I usually swap them out every couple of months and give the ipod a good cleaning.

My wife uses my 30g where I didn't use an overlay inside of the speck case and it looks like hell. She stuck on a Kansas City Chiefs Skin which makes it look worse, but obviously, i'm no chiefs fan.

My 80g looks brand new each time I strip it naked and clean it. Used the overlays since day one!

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #764 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by signither /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my first post:

Welcome to our community and a great first post...nice pictures.

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #765 of 5,950
I just got my Tomahawk a few days ago from The Boatman. Here's my current rig!

Rig2.jpg

Rig1.jpg

Rig3.jpg

Rig4.jpg

Audio bliss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back