Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #721 of 5,950
This combo works remarkably well: new nano --> sr71 --> ue11...
Just sayin.
dscf0074gd4.jpg

Peace,

Graz

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #722 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: Where can I get one of those Terminator looking aluminum iPod cases? I love that thing! Hardcore x 2

YoTank

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep these total protection cases are chunky alright. and no chance of the ipod getting damaged inside. the dock opening needs to be ground away a bit to fit the LOD in.

I bought one for my iMod and found out my ALO LOD wouldn't fit. I shipped it back and they widened the headphone and dock openings for free. You can see the size it adds to the iPod. Adds some weight too....

They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

1img0533th3.jpg

2img0537sk5.jpg

3img0592xe0.jpg

4img0684pc0.jpg

5img0686ve0.jpg

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #723 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm I doubt it, the case will provide excellent cosmetic protection, but subject the ipod to major internal abuse to the electronics, the hard disk specially from shocks and falls. The ideal case would be a combination of this case with a rubberized speck case that will provide shock absorption.

no no pics of the other side; but it has a hole for the switch and HP jack of course and if you are talking about the underside, then yes its totally smooth.

the case is padded on the inside for shock absorption on all sides, so no problems there. and actually my DIYMOD is CF modded so no dramas there either
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #724 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillersAreQuiet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YoTank

I bought one for my iMod and found out my ALO LOD wouldn't fit. I shipped it back and they widened the headphone and dock openings for free. You can see the size it adds to the iPod. Adds some weight too....

Fits like a tank, no I mean glow..

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #725 of 5,950
Quote:

YoTank

3img0592xe0.jpg

Did you remove the raised plastic stickers?

In the YoTank's site, the case is only for video 30GB.
Did they just widen the headphone and dock openings or they modify the case more to fit the case into video 80GB?

Thanks

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #726 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you remove the raised plastic stickers?

In the YoTank's site, the case is only for video 30GB.
Did they just widen the headphone and dock openings or they modify the case more to fit the case into video 80GB?

Thanks

They usually sell two models. One for the 30GB and one that fits both the 60 and 80GB. I left the sticker on.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #727 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no no pics of the other side; but it has a hole for the switch and HP jack of course and if you are talking about the underside, then yes its totally smooth.

the case is padded on the inside for shock absorption on all sides, so no problems there. and actually my DIYMOD is CF modded so no dramas there either
tongue.gif

yeah I see that. It is like a miniroad case. Yeah, that will do.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #731 of 5,950
Quote:

They usually sell two models. One for the 30GB and one that fits both the 60 and 80GB. I left the sticker on.

Thanks

so why did you let them widen the headphone and dock openings? Is it necessary? What is the benefit?

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #732 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks

so why did you let them widen the headphone and dock openings? Is it necessary? What is the benefit?

Obviously it was necessary to enlarge the dock port to allow bigger sized iMod dock adapter (which contains caps). And I reckon that while they are at it they just simply enlarge the headout port as well to allow bigger plugs yes?

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #733 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's that player ? Looks great.

Samsung P2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P2 I believe. Although in videos on like ABI, some really ugly all blue interface was used. That's what turned me off from it. If that's what the actual interface looks like, I probably would've considered it. Too late now :X

well, you can download or make custom skins for it :p
want some more pictures with other interfaces ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back