Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Nov 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #331 of 5,950
I was gonna say the same thing. That blue is neat. It really stands out. I need to start w/a simple DIY cable project.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #333 of 5,950
Lost my creative zen which i used for non-critical on the go, at the gym listening.

Picked up this 8gb sony nwz-e438 for $104...

e438.jpg

I lost my headphones too, thinking of either senn cx400, denon c551 or a-t ck7 as replacements. Any opinions which pair i should get?

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #334 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lost my creative zen which i used for non-critical on the go, at the gym listening.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-50mm/e438.jpg

I lost my headphones too, thinking of either senn cx400, denon c551 or a-t ck7 as replacements. Any opinions which pair i should get?

Ummm... What's wrong with the SE530s in the pic?
eek.gif

Edit: NVM, those must be the ones you lost?!

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #335 of 5,950
actually no, i still have the shures otherwise they wouldn't be in the pic
smily_headphones1.gif
, but i don't use them to walk around with or at the gym. I want some cheaper phones that are less isolating but still decent in SQ.

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #336 of 5,950
Quote:

actually no, i still have the shures otherwise they wouldn't be in the pic
smily_headphones1.gif
, but i don't use them to walk around with or at the gym. I want some cheaper phones that are less isolating but still decent in SQ.

Well, if you want less isolation and good SQ for lower price, have you considered the Yuin OK3? They are a very nice pair of 'phones for only $60.

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #339 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr13zehn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if you want less isolation and good SQ for lower price, have you considered the Yuin OK3? They are a very nice pair of 'phones for only $60.

thanks i'll look into these as well.
Quote:

....That's a great looking player urabus- how does it sound?

ps- the "live at KEXP" albums are superb
wink.gif

KEXP was my favorite local radio station, now it's my favorite streaming station since moving from seattle.

So far I'm happy with the sound from the sony, haven't done any a/b comparisons with anything else yet and this is my first sony player. Listened for a couple of hours with the grados, limited headphone volume so i plugged the tomahawk in to get cleaner sound. I also listened with the e500 straight from the headphone jack, crisp sound, no hiss at all.

Like i said earlier, this is a player i'll use walking about & at the gym and it will serve me fine. I loaded a wmv video and although the screen is tiny the colors were nice and bright. I was about to get a Fuze for a bit less money but glad I took a chance on this Sony.
regular_smile .gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #342 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they those secret IEM's from a month or so back?

I guess you just pictured that as what your rig CAN look like? I mean, you have UE11's
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Indeed, those were the "super secret" ones.

Here are pics of the prototypes they sent me back then, in (IMO) not-so-hot white. (The color "white" is a copyrighted trademark of Apple, Inc.)
biggrin.gif

Sure thing, they don't really make me switch from the UE11 - but they're pretty nice.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #343 of 5,950
pass
ph34r.gif
dont like'em one bit the (dis)comfort factor weird shape, small bass response single driver armature?? shoddy molding. the earloop looks like the best thing about it and i'd just steal it to use on my SE530

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #344 of 5,950
Here's my rig. It's an iPod Touch 2G 16GB with Zune Premium Earphones

The sound quality of the new 2G iPod Touch is very good. Better than my Creative ZEN Vision:M. More bass, crisper sound and it does it all without any noticeable distortion. I hear a faint hiss from the ZVM but I don't hear any with the iPod Touch.

The earphones are not the best(obviously) but I like them. I'm looking to get some better ones in the coming months.

ipodtouchstudio4gn5.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #345 of 5,950
Hey, rocking those Zune Premiums,i got a pair, and they are my current IEMS, until i can afford better ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back