Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 9, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #676 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do you need an imod?

imo, that setup sounds better than imod+Vcap+amp with any other portable cans than ESW10.

i'm sure the ESW10 sounds great to yours and lil knight's ears (not me though), but when I auditioned them I was quite underwhemed for something that IMO only sounds 10-15% better than ESW9 but costs 4-5x the price. they look beautiful, but for the money plus a tad more, you could get UE11 or similar. and from memory they IMO do absolutely not sound as good as my current cardas silver DIYMOD->piccolino wired VCAP->pico->W3/SE530 with jena impedance adapter. wil post pics tomorrow when there is better light. also IMO the ESW10 is very impractical for portable; at least for me it would be, because I would always be worried about marking the beautiful wood finish and wanting to keep them perfect. All totally IMO, I know a few people that consider them to be great. variety is the spice of life
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #684 of 5,950
I promised pictures, still not gotten around to taking any! Doh!

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #685 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p1020397co7.jpg

my eb's are in the graveyard so this is the stuff i use now ksc75@120ohm

ah nice...another ZVM user. i dont find too many ppl who use ZVM on this site for some reason. most ppl use ipods or the lower capacity sansa's/sony's. some cowons and those other brands.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #686 of 5,950
its just a skin, the rockboxproject is kinda dead at the moment i was intrested for a while but i was wondering what benefits doest rockbox have for the zvm..

btw my.self , have you seen a dap that comes close to the zvm? the O2 is too fat for me and i really need av out..

guess ill stay with my zvm for a while since i gots a lot of spare parts if anything goes wrong ^^

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #687 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ESW10 doesn't cost 5x times more than the ESW9. I doubt there's any IEM that can sound on par with a full size. V-cap and UE11 are stuffs I never consider for my portable rig.

didnt esw10 go for over a grand when released??? or was that just the special edition?? I havent followed the price of them because i'm not interested. but dude. i'm not dissing your rig, just not for me. didn't I put IMO in there enough times for you??. I think I said that about 5 times in that one PM just to make sure. and actually I would agree on most part with IEM vs fullsize, but I really dont like them (esw9 or 10)so for me any decent IEM sounds better. and same goes for K701 (boring): hate them. grado (grating highs and harsh too forward mids): hate them. so my SE530 and W3 kick their ass IMO. but I repeat, thats just me.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #688 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didnt esw10 go for over a grand when released??? or was that just the special edition?? I havent followed the price of them because i'm not interested. but dude. i'm not dissing your rig, just not for me. didn't I put IMO in there enough times for you??. I think I said that about 5 times in that one PM just to make sure. and actually I would agree on most part with IEM vs fullsize, but I really dont like them (esw9 or 10)so for me any decent IEM sounds better. and same goes for K701 (boring): hate them. grado (grating highs and harsh too forward mids): hate them. so my SE530 and W3 kick their ass IMO. but I repeat, thats just me.

um. It was always around 520$ when it was released for the first time. Price has been fluctuating due exchange rates between Yen and Doller, but it hasn't been close to 1000$. It hasn't changed much since then.

And you're one of the few that doesn't like sound sig of ESW10
wink.gif
There's some people that can't stand coloration of any kind as well, so you're not the only one. For me, I have been underwhelmed with any IEMs so far, so I'm not going to bother with them
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back