Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #3,362 of 3,551
Ehh, that's the cop out answer!  Ha!    

An understandable answer though given the tendency for such 'discussions' to quickly devolve into illogical, and for some reason unfriendly, back and forths here.

Anyway, nice rig.  I've always thought a large bookshelf like that could act as a massive diffuser.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,363 of 3,551
Cop answer
eek.gif

sorry about that mate
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #3,364 of 3,551
After I got my Magnepans, I found myself rarely using my headphone rig, actually. I only really use it when I can't use my speakers (roommates sleeping/studying). I find speakers offer a far more natural presentation, where headphones make me feel like the music is all in my head (Radiohead on the HD650s sounds like Thom Yorke is sitting in my lap). YMMV, just my preference.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #3,365 of 3,551
Quote:
After I got my Magnepans, I found myself rarely using my headphone rig, actually. I only really use it when I can't use my speakers (roommates sleeping/studying). I find speakers offer a far more natural presentation, where headphones make me feel like the music is all in my head (Radiohead on the HD650s sounds like Thom Yorke is sitting in my lap). YMMV, just my preference.

+1.  Even thou i dont have expensive speakers i use them way more than my headphones

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,366 of 3,551
Nothing like speakers. But! Room acoustics is the key. If you are in a pokey bedroom for instance then you are better off with headphones. IMO.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #3,368 of 3,551
Quote:
+1.  Even thou i dont have expensive speakers i use them way more than my headphones

As a newbie in the headphone world (living in a small condo doesn't allow me to enjoy my Maggie 1.7s nearly as much), I'm really hoping this isn't the case for me..  I'll be getting my LCD-3s tomorrow, and I'm trying to lower my expectations as much as possible!

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #3,369 of 3,551
The LCD2 and Maggies share quite a few similarities, although I have yet to hear the newer models with the quasi-ribbon tweeters. My 1970's vintage MGII's have planar tweeters, so they tend to be a little laid back in the highs and forward in the midrange.

That said, I think you'll like the LCD3's. They definitely have that characteristic planar sound.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,374 of 3,551
It's at about 10:30 right now and they're well above my average listening level (blasting Mastodon). I could push it a little further and have it at 'shake the house' kind of volumes. 

Quote:
Awesome system Morbid, congrats. 
Very curious to hear how hard the Leben can push those Harbeths. 

These are the broken in dealer pair on loan until mine get here next week. But they're basically mine. :D

Quote:
biggrin.gif
cool, you earned them!

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,375 of 3,551
I pulled them (my Skylans came with a very effective grill puller) for fun for now. They'll go back on in a few hours when my weekend guests come.

Quote:
biggrin.gif
cool, you earned them!

Wow Cherry looks really nice, do you keep the grills off? I my room I found they sounded better with toe in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back