1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by yikes, Jul 16, 2008.
First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last
  1. Quinto
    I sure would like to try a Leben amp..and compare them with my Marantz PM11S2 (who has a tube like quality IMO) I wonder how big a difference it would be..

2. MuppetFace
    Quote:

Great setup! The lighting in that first shot is warm and inviting too.

I'm going for the Mini Maggies too later this year.

3. grokit
    Finally got my man cave done:

HomeTheater-HTD.May11.Schroeder1-bded6e.jpg

JK [​IMG]

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/5-home-upgrades-avoid-192722991.html

At $650k, it's worth more than my house [​IMG]

ossidian likes this.
  4. 3rdear
    Thought I was looking inside the domicile of Star Trek for a moment.

Lucky87 and Maxvla like this.
  5. Silent One
    Quote:

You caught me looking! [​IMG]

6. alota
    Quote:
    i come at 5 P.M. and i bring the beer

7. Lee Harvey Contributor
    Quote:
    Awesome!!!  You have some really great pieces there.  I bet they work really well together.

8. ianmedium
    Looking at the examples I think this lot fits in here!

L1010762_zpsc0ac41ee.jpg

Though technically it is all portable I like to think of it as an off the grid home/hotel system

Starting of with Analog Squared Papers TU-05 SET class A tube amp, Battery powered which gives inky black and crystal clear sonic backgrounds. I have NOS Mullards in this picture but also have some NOS Lorenz Stuttgart's as well as Brimar's GE's La Radiotechnique's and a few others!

Feeding the amp is my just arrived (and one of the last new ones available) HiFiMan HM-801 which I am mightily impressed with and is, in the short time I have been listening, far superior to my old CLAS/Classic source. I have some Hi-Rez files loaded but the majority so far are Wav's ripped from my CD collection.

Rounding off is a pair of earphones that one must treat as equivalents to full sized I feel, the Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX. Not only do they get the better of my LCD's they are such an unusual design in that they simply place in the ears and that loose fitting is intrinsic to how they sound.. Which is for me top of the line, roughly the price of Beyer T1's so suitably high end as is the amp which as far as I am aware is not only the smallest Single Ended Triode amp around but also the only battery powered one. The sound of it is rather wonderful, detailed, smooth but not overly romantic, very fast and dynamic, I love it.

All of this is the culmination of a three year headphone journey and I can finally, hand on heart say this is my "end game" headphone rig.

Now to focus on a move back to Europe where I can at last then have a home based system once more!

ossidian and Deftone like this.
  9. J.Pocalypse
    The simplicity of that set up is overwhelmingly awesome. Cheers to you.

10. ianmedium
    Thanks so much, I am a big fan of Thoreau so simplicity is important to me.

11. Windsor
    Quote:

Loving the selection. I love the MOMENTUM - great headphone all things considered! 

12. Windsor
    Quote:

Looks lush Grokit! - I wish you health to use it, and when I'm in your area I'd love to appreciate that with you... 

With love and best wishes,
    Windsor

13. Windsor
    Morbidtoaster, your rig is looking great these days!

P.S. I'm looking for a new hi-end DAC/Amp since my optically-connected Lavry DA10 no longer works with my laptop. following the snapping off of a headphone plug in my laptop's headphone jack - new pics will follow. Details of my available DA10 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/654919/lavry-da10-reference-quality-dac-amp#post_9249854

[​IMG]

14. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Just added a HeadAmp KGSS to drive my SR-009s and I'm very happy with the results. It's freakin' huge. Dwarfs my GS-X and CD player easily. Even a touch bigger than the LL (1056 cubed inches vs. 983 cubed inches). Had to move my CD player from the bottom into the middle. Luckily it just barely fit.

IMG_0521.jpg

ossidian, Draygonn and Windsor like this.
  15. Dubstep Girl
    Quote:

awesome setup!!! love it!!!

[​IMG]

First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last