Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #3,332 of 3,551

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #3,333 of 3,551
Apologies previous photo was an old one with the rig between the speakers. I have updated the photo as now only have the Audiopax Maggiore M100 monoblocks and Purepower 2000 between speakers. Remainder of rig including NVS turntable is to right of room as shown in the other photo. The speakers are ok in current position but not ideal but in rented accommodation (as an expat in Brazil) so have to make do for time being.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #3,334 of 3,551

Leben, Amadeus, Skylan Stands...WONDER WHAT'S MISSING.

Mine came in but had an issue with the headphone out. Borrowing the dealer's until mine is fixed. That works I guess...Still upsetting.

Currently going through records and seeing which ones need to be cleaned before the meet this Saturday. Lots of them need it as they're distorting pretty heavily. Shame I won't have my RCM by then.
----
This space obviously isn't ideal, and when the speakers are on those stands they're going to be in front of the TT and amp, but I can flip a record from the side and only need to adjust volume between albums. Once we move it'll be no issue as we'll have more space. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #3,336 of 3,551
No, it's broke. :mad:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/415214/the-leben-cs300xs-thread/1470#post_9192920

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #3,337 of 3,551
Wow. You know, I've always been of the mind that Leben's build quality is vastly overrated. I know the brand has a big following here though, so you wont see some of the horror stories. It's good that you're sharing your experience. I myself had several QC issues with my CS300XS aside from the ubiquitous hum (screws falling off, debris loose under the tube stage, transformers covered in glue, wobbly jacks) but never mentioned them in that thread.

As an import product service can be tricky, but I really hope you can get it sorted out soon and that you have a good experience with your amp eventually.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #3,338 of 3,551
The knob was probably just knocked around it shipping. Quick tightening of a bolt and that was fixed. 

The headphone out was genuinely messed up but it seems the speaker out was just fine. It'll work itself out, but I know there are some members here that would like to say I told you so, but there are even more telling me it's worth it. I auditioned a lot of amps, so I really want this one to work out.

It's an amp worth waiting for, but if it comes back with more issues I won't be waiting again.
Quote:
Wow. You know, I've always been of the mind that Leben's build quality is vastly overrated. I know the brand has a big following here though, so you wont see some of the horror stories. It's good that you're sharing your experience. I myself had several QC issues with my CS300XS aside from the ubiquitous hum (screws falling off, debris loose under the tube stage, transformers covered in glue, wobbly jacks) but never mentioned them in that thread.

As an import product service can be tricky, but I really hope you can get it sorted out soon and that you have a good experience with your amp eventually.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #3,339 of 3,551
It is interesting the significant difference of opinion on the Leben. Clearly a Love it or not unit.  Awesome if you love it though!

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #3,341 of 3,551
Quote:

Leben, Amadeus, Skylan Stands...WONDER WHAT'S MISSING.

Mine came in but had an issue with the headphone out. Borrowing the dealer's until mine is fixed. That works I guess...Still upsetting.

Currently going through records and seeing which ones need to be cleaned before the meet this Saturday. Lots of them need it as they're distorting pretty heavily. Shame I won't have my RCM by then.
----
This space obviously isn't ideal, and when the speakers are on those stands they're going to be in front of the TT and amp, but I can flip a record from the side and only need to adjust volume between albums. Once we move it'll be no issue as we'll have more space. 

Great choice of TT and speakers, I sure love mine, you have the rosewoodies?

Hope your Leben issues will be solved, nice looking amp!

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #3,342 of 3,551
If you mean finish on the Harbeths I went Cherry. The Leben actually photographs fairly dark, but I think the Cherry matches the a leben better than the rosenut finish.

Quote:

Great choice of TT and speakers, I sure love mine, you have the rosewoodies?

Hope your Leben issues will be solved, nice looking amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back