Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 8, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #271 of 3,551
zx10guy, just curious why you don't have automated turn-on/off your big system with say an AMX control system? You then just press one knob and here it goes... sequenced on or off.

Congratulations, a very nice setup! I have a pair of 802 and was thinking about something similar in the house we are going to build. A cinema room that doesn't look and sound like a cinema but tends more towards high-end acoustics, angled ceiling and left and right walls. Have you looked at Behringer DEQ2496 room acoustics processor?

Congrats again!

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #272 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well not that high end, but at least working towards that end:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...06-19_0006.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...06-19_0005.jpg

I will get there someday....

not pictured - Linn LP12 - Exposure XVII -> XVIII - B&W802's

19 tubes and counting....

I was thinking about posting a pic, but if THAT isn't high end maybe I shouldn't. Nice collection of gear!

It also seems that I need to get myself some more tubes, only have 13 here.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Wow zx10guy, I can only echo what everyone else has been saying. What an excellent looking home theater setup.

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #274 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by starcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is truly highest-end, not only the best components there are, but acoustically extremely well designed listening room by some veterans in recording and acoustics. Enjoy at Audio Asylum Inmate mikel's Music System and here how the listening room was designed and build lavigneroom.

Now that is some dedication, a whole room just for listening to music.

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #277 of 3,551
I have a whole room, and my place only has 4 rooms. A whole room is hardly crazy. Having a whole house, though, is something else.

That whole building is simply gorgeous. The gear, the layout, the media, everything. That, right there, is my ultimate dream. I think the best part is that he only has one chair. An experience like that cannot be shared, except with the music.

Bravo, good sir.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #278 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...he only has one chair. An experience like that cannot be shared, except with the music.

I believe it should be shared. It's a crime to not allow others to enjoy a "slice of heaven on earth".
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #281 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe it should be shared. It's a crime to not allow others to enjoy a "slice of heaven on earth".
wink_face.gif

Maybe I should clarify: for meets, get-togethers, special occasions, and the like I totally agree. I like the other chairs in secondary listening positions. I was just pleased to see that the listening position was not, say, a loveseat. While actually listening, there is nothing and no one interfering with you and music.

Oct 11, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #284 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should clarify: for meets, get-togethers, special occasions, and the like I totally agree. I like the other chairs in secondary listening positions. I was just pleased to see that the listening position was not, say, a loveseat. While actually listening, there is nothing and no one interfering with you and music.

I didn't mean anything by my remark, Sherwood. I was just having fun.

Oct 11, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #285 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't mean anything by my remark, Sherwood. I was just having fun.

Don't be such a jerk, then!

I didn't mean anything by that remark. Only having fun.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, I don't even know what you posted to begin with (didn't bother to go back to read your initial post) so I really am only having fun. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
beyersmile.png

EDIT: Oh, now I see! Actually, you're right! It would be a shame not to share such a system with your friends! But I've seen that quite a few times with pics of mega systems... the one seater deal. Wish I could remember which system it was that was most striking in this regard. I think it was some guy in China who owned a high end audio company. The room was huge and mostly white, very clean looking, with a single seat in the rear center. It makes for a rather powerful statement about the nature of the solitary journey to the highest of all high end systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back