Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Apr 25, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #1,711 of 3,551

Quote:
Mind if I ask what headphones are those you have on the head of the couch, they look like Senns HD650's

Are you asking me? If you are what "head of the couch", LCD-2 are on top of TT.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #1,714 of 3,551

Quote:
Cool Stax speakers!

I like them, too. But I have little problems because sometimes there is a crackling whistling noise out of one speaker. It went off for a while after vacuum cleaning it. And you need a lot of power. I read on the net that new capacitors would make them work better / louder.

Regards Georg

May 1, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #1,717 of 3,551
In the past month my stress levels have become manageable again (thanks to a very cool new coworker) and I've made a couple good small-signal tube substitutions; thus, I've really been enjoying the music again (finally). 

I've finally been playing with my "new" Rogue Ares phono stage, though I bought it several months ago. It was a bit difficult to wean myself off of the warmth that the Sonic Frontiers Phono 1 was adding; a couple of tube swaps have gone a long ways towards mitigating the loss. The Ares has notably better resolution (especially up top) and bass impact, which is my motivation to get it worked in. Plus it finally gives me that "all tube" system; the Phono 1 is actually a hybrid that uses four 6922 tubes following a single pair of J-FETs. The Ares uses Cinemag step-up transformers, a pair of 12AX7, and a pair of 12AU7. 

Current pic with the all-Rogue electronics in place:

I removed the Ares' tube cage/wire since I think it looked way out of place in context of the substantially non-flimsy materials here: 

Inside of an Apollo monoblock with the tube cage on: 

It should be clear by now that I have no self control when it comes to audio gear:

Next up is a trial of KT120 tubes in place of the dozen EH KT90 currently in use. Also gonna get my Hera preamp upgraded to Hera II status, and I'll have some more vintage 12AX7/12AU7 on the way.

May 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #1,718 of 3,551
Mulveling that is TRULY a beautiful rig.  Congrats.  Absolutely stunning.

May 1, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,719 of 3,551

Quote:
Mulveling that is TRULY a beautiful rig.  Congrats.  Absolutely stunning.

x2, but nothing can top this. Look at the quality, i compare it to the quality to any vintage Klipsch's. Can i have a review loaner
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,721 of 3,551
^ X2, wow was a beautiful rig.
It probably sounds pretty good too 
wink_face.gif

May 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #1,722 of 3,551

Quote:
x2, but nothing can top this. Look at the quality, i compare it to the quality to any vintage Klipsch's. Can i have a review loaner
rolleyes.gif

That looks like a gag product.

May 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,725 of 3,551

Quote:
In the past month my stress levels have become manageable again (thanks to a very cool new coworker) and I've made a couple good small-signal tube substitutions; thus, I've really been enjoying the music again (finally). 

I've finally been playing with my "new" Rogue Ares phono stage, though I bought it several months ago. It was a bit difficult to wean myself off of the warmth that the Sonic Frontiers Phono 1 was adding; a couple of tube swaps have gone a long ways towards mitigating the loss. The Ares has notably better resolution (especially up top) and bass impact, which is my motivation to get it worked in. Plus it finally gives me that "all tube" system; the Phono 1 is actually a hybrid that uses four 6922 tubes following a single pair of J-FETs. The Ares uses Cinemag step-up transformers, a pair of 12AX7, and a pair of 12AU7. 

Current pic with the all-Rogue electronics in place:

I removed the Ares' tube cage/wire since I think it looked way out of place in context of the substantially non-flimsy materials here: 

Inside of an Apollo monoblock with the tube cage on: 

It should be clear by now that I have no self control when it comes to audio gear:

Next up is a trial of KT120 tubes in place of the dozen EH KT90 currently in use. Also gonna get my Hera preamp upgraded to Hera II status, and I'll have some more vintage 12AX7/12AU7 on the way.

Must look peerty at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back