Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Apr 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #1,681 of 3,551
Apr 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #1,682 of 3,551
Also posted this elsewhere, but here is a pic of my current 'high-end' system. I feel that the front end (Dac, pre-amp, and amps) are probably more high end than the actual speakers but I guess that leave room for improvement down the line :wink: 

The system consists of an imac server in another room wirelessly streaming music to my listening room with J.River.

Perfectwave DAC w/ Bridge > maxed out Atma-Sphere MP-1 OTL Pre/Phono > Atma-Sphere M-60 OTL amps > Nordost Blue Heaven cables > Zu Soul Superfly Speakers.

Total number of tubes glowing at night: 42!
basshead.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #1,683 of 3,551

Quote:
Hi
here in the background there is my MOSS turntable, the little REBEL TJ model.  Do you like it? 
ersepp

In the limit your speakers look like this, WAF -> 0.

Is that a type of foam, or wood you used for the acoustic damping?

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #1,687 of 3,551

Quote:
Also posted this elsewhere, but here is a pic of my current 'high-end' system. I feel that the front end (Dac, pre-amp, and amps) are probably more high end than the actual speakers but I guess that leave room for improvement down the line :wink: 

The system consists of an imac server in another room wirelessly streaming music to my listening room with J.River.

Perfectwave DAC w/ Bridge > maxed out Atma-Sphere MP-1 OTL Pre/Phono > Atma-Sphere M-60 OTL amps > Nordost Blue Heaven cables > Zu Soul Superfly Speakers.

Total number of tubes glowing at night: 42!
basshead.gif

That rack makes me nervous.  Maybe it's because I'm in earthquake country.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #1,688 of 3,551
Actually this is a wonderful rack.  All made of steel and with diagonal cross-bracing on the back.  The whole design tapers up so it is a lot wider on the bottom than at the top for stability.  Finally on top of that, it is attached to the wall at the back with a strap so it doesn't tip over :)  Trust me, it took me about 2 months to find a cool looking shelf that was sturdy enough for my equipment while still looking better than most audio racks.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,690 of 3,551
I absolutely love these speakers! Somehow I feel that between the OTL pre-amp, OTL amps, and the Zu Soul Superfly speakers, the system is a lot more revealing than most headphones I listen to in general.  Since nothing is transformer coupled, the speed is extremely fast and there isn't much in the way of veil.  As for the speed of the speakers, I feel that since they are so efficient (101+ db) the drivers are extremely quick to my ears.  Most importantly though, even though the speakers might not be the kings of detail, speed, bass, soundstage, etc. they have an amazing tonality to them which I find lacking in many other systems.  Zu definitely produced a gem of a speaker that scales up very nicely and sound pretty awesome with just about anything I throw at it.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #1,695 of 3,551

Check-out the avatar.......reminds me of Disneylands' Its A Small World!
Quote:
As asked previously, is that wood or foam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back