Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Sep 4, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #721 of 1,052
^ now THAT's a big boy rig! What a lovely looking dedicated room.

I had the 2nd half of my upgrades arrive -- new rack and turntable; upgraded amps. The rack is...absurdly priced, but wow I love it. No more having the rack being the junky part of my system. No more fearing for the life of my stylus/woofers when people trample around it while the system is playing at high volume.

Very musical system. VERY musical. No boring "audiophile" music playlist here.
KzcLjwf.jpg

oX3rQON.jpg

So what kind of rack and how absurdly priced?

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #723 of 1,052
maison.jpeg

stax mod20.jpg

Note that I have shortened the Stax SR009 cable by half. The stock cable is really too long...

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #725 of 1,052
Sep 4, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #726 of 1,052
Looks like the mad professor's lab Currawong!

Some very interesting gear there what's the amp/ microwave? Above the ALO studio six.

Got to love Japan best selection of high end audio gear ever made for a relatively small sized country.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #728 of 1,052
The infamous HifiMan HE-6 very well driven by the Eddie Current EC445 (booth modded)
EC445 & Hifiman HE-6.jpg

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #730 of 1,052
Did you get rid of the Audio-Gd NFB-1AMP anbd replace it with a Master 9? (if so please review soon) :wink:

Also you still liking that Adam ARTist 5 speaker?

I am thinking of getting A7s actually. I've been scratching my head for so long about speakers and what to do it's crazy. Near-field seems to be the most sane option for me though. I have been pondering whether 300-series ELAC speakers would work in near-field, as I love the sound of them.

Looks like the mad professor's lab Currawong!

Some very interesting gear there what's the amp/ microwave? Above the ALO studio six.

Got to love Japan best selection of high end audio gear ever made for a relatively small sized country.

It's the Audiovalve Solaris. I haven't tested it with Stax yet, but it's pretty good with headphones. Here's how things are looking after a bit of re-organisation. My Yggy is hiding under the desk still though.

Rig-DSCF3230.jpg

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #732 of 1,052
I am still loving my Studio Six. I have always enjoyed SET amp's.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #733 of 1,052
I am thinking of getting A7s actually. I've been scratching my head for so long about speakers and what to do it's crazy. Near-field seems to be the most sane option for me though. I have been pondering whether 300-series ELAC speakers would work in near-field, as I love the sound of them.

It's the Audiovalve Solaris. I haven't tested it with Stax yet, but it's pretty good with headphones. Here's how things are looking after a bit of re-organisation. My Yggy is hiding under the desk still though.

Hi! Can you tell me how you use the raspberry in your chain? I keep looking for a good way to integrate it in mine, but nothing is really convenient so far.

Sep 5, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #734 of 1,052

Wait, so you have an Yggdrasil you are not using? any spesific reason?

Also i checked your profile and I'm stealing your formating .
┏━┓
▶︎ DACs
┗━┛
These things are cool :)

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #735 of 1,052
Currawong I note you are considering A7 monitors for near field. You might want to look at the DIATONE)P-610MB+KB-610MT see link to photo below scroll down page. They are different beasts-A7 powered 2way monitors, P-610 unpowered full range. Diatone built speakers specifically for radio broadcasting for Japan's NHK.

http://audioelex.blog.fc2.com/blog-date-20111212.html

Outside of Japan there is a cult following and limited availability second hand of the original drivers (lots of Chinese made knock offs). Inside Japan they are fairly common, but also popular from what I can gage from Hifido sales. I bought a pair just like the ones in the link - the 1996 50th anniversary MB = 8ohms and they are phenomenal, especially in a small room. They are also relatively cheap around $400 USD. I use mine with Leben CS300xs (nos tubes) which sometimes doubles for h/p duties. Don't be put off by their frequency response as they IMO lack very little. I also own the Diatone DS-5000s downstairs in the living room which have huge bass drivers (16inch). Be aware there is also a 16ohm version too P-610MA.

They might not be what your after but considering your location thought it would be worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back