Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Feb 2, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #602 of 1,052
Ive just ordered my speakers so pics will come soon

Setup is as follows :

Mark levinson 334 power amp 

Parasound Halo P5 Pre amp 

Clearaudio concept turntable with AudioTechnica ATOCiii MC cartridge

Cambridge audio Azur 651p phono stage 
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Speakers. 

Jl audio fathom f113 subwoofer 

Sony xa7es cd player 

Cables are transparent audio music link and music link plus.

I know the room isnt well set up - i will be moving house next year and having a dedicated room with proper acoustic treatments done for this. Those speaker stands will be replaced by the martin logans. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #604 of 1,052
So my setup has arrived.  Turntable will be setup next week as i needed to order some mounting screws for the cartridge

Setup is as follows :

Mark levinson 334 power amp 

Parasound Halo P5 Pre amp 

Clearaudio concept turntable with AudioTechnica ATOC9iii MC cartridge

Cambridge audio Azur 651p phono stage 
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Speakers. 

Jl audio fathom f113 subwoofer 

Sony xa7es cd player 

Cables are transparent audio music link and music link plus as well as balanced XLRs for the sub and CD player

just started the run in process and it sounds really nice.  I really dig this subwoofer.  I set the crossover at 80hz so far and it seems to be right.  It's a bit overkill for the room but ill have a dedicated room next year when i move out.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #608 of 1,052

Here's one my Sony PCM-7010F DAT Recorders. Now, about 23 years old, these PCM recorders are still as useful as when purchased new back in 1993; and, they sound better than any other source component in my system. I paid about $7200.00 for this unit and today it's probably only worth about $300.00. Thing is, this unit is still an excellent device for playback and recording to and from my laptop. Nothing I've heard since purchasing these has sounded better.

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #609 of 1,052
  [pic]

Here's one my Sony PCM-7010F DAT Recorders. Now, about 23 years old, these PCM recorders are still as useful as when purchased new back in 1993; and, they sound better than any other source component in my system. I paid about $7200.00 for this unit and today it's probably only worth about $300.00. Thing is, this unit is still an excellent device for playback and recording to and from my laptop. Nothing I've heard since purchasing these has sounded better.

Would something like this be good for digitizing vinyl records? I've seen the PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter and wondered if paying $1,800 for the ADC piece alone was overkill, and if this thing is that good, then the answer is yes, that's overkill/overpriced. Or do you think there might be some value in paying that much more anyway? Maybe the DSD?

May 1, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #610 of 1,052
Been a while since there have been pics posted in this thread. But I think I'm finally eligible to post here 
tongue_smile.gif

And then a photo of my portable/gym rig.

Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #612 of 1,052
LOL - I want that DAC....and Amp...and server

@Fririce0003 - Custom Roxanne's in the gym mate? How'd they go i.e. do they fall out? 

May 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #613 of 1,052
LOL - I want that DAC....and Amp...and server

@Fririce0003
 - Custom Roxanne's in the gym mate? How'd they go i.e. do they fall out? 

Hahaha, well it's not quite the same DAC, but I've been thinking about selling my LH Davinci if you're keen :p
Regarding the Roxanne's, they stay in really well, don't budge. They stay in better than my Shure Se535's and are infinitely more comfortable. They also do an excellent job at blocking out the horrible music they usually have blasting at the gym. They're big in ears, but with the customs once you pop them in they don't protrude at all.
Though I mostly lift weights as opposed to cardio workouts, so not as much of an opportunity for them to dislodge.

First and last selfie I'll be taking at the gym, but as you can see from the pic, they're not at all intrusive.

May 2, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #614 of 1,052
you took the Headphones to the Gym, i placed my gym next to my Headphone 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back