Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Nov 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #466 of 1,052
  @iSquirrel You had a pair of Wilson Audio Alexandrias in blue and red. Along with a pair of VTL Siegfried IIs and Audio Research Reference 750s. Not to mention all the other up line gear. Colour me envious. Heck if I manage to get Sashas someday I'll be pleased to death. Oh, and if you weren't aware, beautiful listening room. Brava!

Thank you, that room was an enormous effort over 2 years of work went into it. In case you hadn't noticed (they are difficult to see) the base traps are built in to the corners and follow the roof line over the doors to the other side. Covered them in acoustic cloth so as to make them blend in.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #467 of 1,052
  Excellent I have been looking for Larry's email, thank you. I will get onto him I was wondering if the DAC will do higher than DSD 128, (not that it really matters) and to to see if there's a firmware update. Its maybe a A+ latency setting issue.

Those pesky kids.....

Good to hear Larry's a Tube guy, I have just rolled in a TS BG 6SN7 which has improved things over the RCA red base 5992. Looks like that will have to do until next week.

Dave can do no wrong in my books. I have learned so much from them. I will have some Alexia's here soon I am wondering how the Woo's will go driving them. They are 90dB/1W so I could be stretching the friendship there.

I am running some VT231's in my Cary...Love'em!

234'a and Alexia's? hmm...Those 300B's are going to be burning brightly! I was listening to the 234's and some Abyss headphones.....I love the way Woo makes them able to use different Tube styles. Very creative. and they are incredible eye candy too!

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #468 of 1,052
  I am running some VT231's in my Cary...Love'em!

234'a and Alexia's? hmm...Those 300B's are going to be burning brightly! I was listening to the 234's and some Abyss headphones.....I love the way Woo makes them able to use different Tube styles. Very creative. and they are incredible eye candy too!

Yep I will be surprised if they run them at anything like decent levels. The Duette's would be great though, I have always loved the sound of the Duette's something very magical about them.

Someone at the recent Aus Hi-Fi show whacked the top of the left hand 234 with the Abyss and has put two big dents in it. Thankfully its only the top plate which jack says is easy to replace. Oh well I guess it says something about the material that the Abyss are made out of....

I don't like the sound of the Abyss, I prefer my LCD-3F's, I found myself oddly emotionally disconnected from them.

I heard the mesh plate 274B in the Woo's shortly before the valve blew, (photo below) it sounded fantastic, I had no idea the LCD-3's could sound that good. Jack recommends using the 300B's with the Cathode plate for even better SQ.

I have ordered the Royal Sophia Princess 300B's and the Sophia Princess 274B's, thinking the TS RP BG would go better than the Sylvannia 6SN7's

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #469 of 1,052
I am with you on the Abyss, Great first effort but they did not do it for me. I am warming up to Audeze. The Fazor is bringing them around. Maybe an LCD-XC to compliment my HD800's? So far My HD800's are at the top of my personal list. I am also really impressed with the new Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime's. Dan really did a great job on his newest creation.

I hate to lose a valve, but it is impressive watching one go thermonuclear prior to failing. I had one of my Golden Lion KT88's do that last year. Glad I was sitting nearby and not up doing something out of the room!

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #470 of 1,052

Thank you, that room was an enormous effort over 2 years of work went into it. In case you hadn't noticed (they are difficult to see) the base traps are built in to the corners and follow the roof line over the doors to the other side. Covered them in acoustic cloth so as to make them blend in.

After zooming in to the photo I noticed them. Wonderful idea! Did you run in to any issues with all the glass behind the Alexandrias? What will be my listening room has one floor to ceiling wall of glass. I'm a bit worried about sound reflection off of it.

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #471 of 1,052
If you have glass on one side wall then you will have no end of issues, channel in-balance particularly in the mids to high's. You could try putting damping material on it or hang a blanket over it when listening but that kind of defeats the purpose of the glass really.

Houses are not really designed as ideal listening spaces.

I had the glass as part of doors so that reduced the amount and the spacing of the glass panels, I also covered the glass with a film which reduced the resonant frequency. I also installed an automatic blind (with a fine mesh) so that I could mitigate the effect of the glass further and also further tune the back of the room by playing with its height.

In cooler weather or at night I leave the glass doors open, which gave a new meaning to the term depth of soundstage. 

The neighbours were not quite as enthusiastic, but they have come to "appreciate" the sound. 
popcorn.gif

Don't have any of these problems with headphones 
L3000.gif

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #474 of 1,052
@ PAM005 - Thanks

A couple more photos

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #475 of 1,052
Pics of my home theatre system

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #477 of 1,052
Nov 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #478 of 1,052
Lookalike r2-d2

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #479 of 1,052
  you have the most impressive listening rooms I have ever seen. What an amount of gear. 
Whats this? 

Its an Audio Research Ref 610 mono block, or otherwise known as as the lighting strike. The thing sounds lovely when its not blowing tubes in spectacular fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back