Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Nov 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #481 of 1,054
Yep... I wish I could say its an isolated incident. There have been major words over the regular blow ups. Better leave it there as this is a public forum.

Back to headphones.

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #482 of 1,054
Damn, Squirrel, didn't realize you had that much hi-fi gear! Just out of curiousity, and if you don't want to answer I understand, but how much do you think you've spent on all your music gear in your life? That looks like it costs more than everything I own!

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #483 of 1,054
Damn, Squirrel, didn't realize you had that much hi-fi gear! Just out of curiousity, and if you don't want to answer I understand, but how much do you think you've spent on all your music gear in your life? That looks like it costs more than everything I own!

I would rather not think about it mate ! I would rather think of the journey and how much pleasure I have got from it.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #484 of 1,054
I gotcha. Looks like some amazing gear, I hope I get to hear a setup like that one day, though owning one may be unrealistic for me but I hope it brings you lots of great musical experiences

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #485 of 1,054
I've had a new audio rack made from the same place that it my first one.
This new rack is made of the same stuff [ mild steel ] and welded which makes it extremely strong.
I've also had it powder coated matt black.

As can be seen the the photo's, only one unit can go on one shelf apart from the bottom shelf where I've placed my BHSE's PSU and MacMini.

Even though I'm mainly showing my new audio rack, I've put this post in the Pictures of your high end system II because I believe what's on that new rack is high end equipment.

Here are the photo's starting with just the new rack frame.

Next is with the shelves which are MDF covered in carbon fibre wrapping.

Now with my 009's and audio gear.

The marks on the wall are where I did a bit of painting.

This is my listening set up, and I'm now using my old audio rack as a kind of coffee table which can be seen on the left.

Because I want my audio gear to be lifted by around 2", I'm going to have some more support feet made same as the four in the photo below. Those on top of the feet are my isolation cones.

I've got them under my BHSE's PSU showing in the photo, so I'm going to have some more done for all what's on the rack.

Sorry about the poor quality photo's, but I'm getting a much better camera. [ when I've the spare money ]

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #486 of 1,054
  I've had a new audio rack made from the same place that it my first one.
This new rack is made of the same stuff [ mild steel ] and welded which makes it extremely strong.
I've also had it powder coated matt black.

As can be seen the the photo's, only one unit can go on one shelf apart from the bottom shelf where I've placed my BHSE's PSU and MacMini.

Even though I'm mainly showing my new audio rack, I've put this post in the Pictures of your high end system II because I believe what's on that new rack is high end equipment.

Here are the photo's starting with just the new rack frame.

Next is with the shelves which are MDF covered in carbon fibre wrapping.

Now with my 009's and audio gear.

Whats is that under the esoteric? Beautiful rack by the way. Does the guy have a website?

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #487 of 1,054

Because I want my audio gear to be lifted by around 2", I'm going to have some more support feet made same as the four in the photo below. Those on top of the feet are my isolation cones.

I've got them under my BHSE's PSU showing in the photo, so I'm going to have some more done for all what's on the rack.

Sorry about the poor quality photo's, but I'm getting a much better camera. [ when I've the spare money ]

David, you should get some Stillpoints to put under the gear. Excellent vibration damping. Here are a couple of shots from my gear:

There are several models to choose from but all of them provide the vibration control. The larger Ultra 5's are generally used under big speakers.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #488 of 1,054

Whats is that under the esoteric? Beautiful rack by the way. Does the guy have a website?

Hi Paddy,

It's a Bybee Power Purifier, it allows me to plug in several pieces of audio equipment and has surge protection, it's also supposed to improve on the SQ, but when I first tried it I can't say I heard any improvement.
The biggest improvement I've heard from my headphone system is from using the Psvane PH tubes with my BHSE.

What I like about the Bybee PP is it having surge protection and to me it adds to the aesthetics of my gear.

The place that did both my audio racks also did my garden gates. It's called Craftsman Gates which is in Castleford. The owner is called Mick.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #489 of 1,054
  David, you should get some Stillpoints to put under the gear. Excellent vibration damping. Here are a couple of shots from my gear:

There are several models to choose from but all of them provide the vibration control. The larger Ultra 5's are generally used under big speakers.

Thanks for your recommendation longbowbbs, but because I want each audio unit to be lifted to an exact height, I'll be having the support feet done by the same metal engineer that did the brackets for my 009's headband.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #490 of 1,054

Thanks for your recommendation longbowbbs, but because I want each audio unit to be lifted to an exact height, I'll be having the support feet done by the same metal engineer that did the brackets for my 009's headband.

I appreciate the synergy!

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #491 of 1,054
Nice setup and attention to detail. I like the carbon fibre shelves. Congrats

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #492 of 1,054
  Nice setup and attention to detail. I like the carbon fibre shelves. Congrats

Thanks, I guess I'm as obsessed with the way my set up looks, as much as the SQ it produces.

Here are two photo's of my audio gear on my old and new rack.

The headphones to the right of my 009's are my HD-600's,
and in front of them is my Pico Slim along with my iPod.
I use my HD-600 / Pico Slim with my K-01.

I took the photo of my audio gear on the old rack, just before I did the new one.

While I like the look of that old rack, I much prefer the look of the new one, and also the way my gear looks on it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #493 of 1,054

Thanks, I guess I'm as obsessed with the way my set up looks, as much as the SQ it produces.

Here are two photo's of my audio gear on my old and new rack.

The headphones to the right of my 009's are my HD-600's,
and in front of them is my Pico Slim along with my iPod.
I use my HD-600 / Pico Slim with my K-01.

I took the photo of my audio gear on the old rack, just before I did the new one.

While I like the look of that old rack, I much prefer the look of the new one, and also the way my gear looks on it.

What will you do with the old Rack? 

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #495 of 1,054
I agree, David presents his gear to a high standard( and he's lucky-it doesn't have to pass the Wife test !!)
I auditioned the stillpoints along several other brands.I conducted 'blind tests' with several people.All good, but the HRS vibrations control pads won under my Apex Teton.  Although I have stillpoints in some positions(in my speaker system)the HRS gave a better presentation with most music.I also found them to be more 'secure' because of the material used whereas the stillpoints are metal on metal.Under my Speakers , the stillpoints, screw-in. Another advantage was the cost ( over the stillpoints!) I have no doubt, resonance control, in whatever form, have a profound effect/upgrade. My dealer Martins Hifi took it to the ultimate in one of their presentations, see:- http://www.martinshifi.co.uk/news/166/didnt-make-it-to-the-dcs-event--read-the-review-here/ About £34,000 s worth !!! I've tried them under the Entreq gear but for me, a step too far!
I'd be interested to hear David's views on his metal 'raisers' coupled as they are with a metal rack.Is there any 'dampening' within your 'custom made' feet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back