Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
May 22, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #451 of 1,052

+1.  Listening to Music in this environnement should be incredibly pleasant . You're a man of taste Quinto
beerchug.gif

Much appreciate that, cheers mate..
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #454 of 1,052

My new system, placed on my new solid tech radius solo 3 rack with springloaded toplevel..the feet under the components were a real PITA to get right :wink:
On pics is my custommade Blue Circle Audio 'PaG' headphone amp and a Referencesounds (built by our beloved LFF) Code-X headphone.

Ps..my apologies for the bad photo quality and the fingerprints on the glossy front sides of the amp...i had just be fiddling about to get these..beeep feet right for almost 2 hours :wink:

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #455 of 1,052
Here are some parts of the system.  Having fun with picture composition and angles etc.

Marten Bird 2 in a Cherry Burl Gloss finish, EAR 890 Monoblocks, Kubala Sosna Emotions Speaker cables, Mapleshade blocks.

VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Dynavector XV1S, JMW 12.5 arm, Rim Drive

EAR Dacute in a Stillpoints ESS Rack

Audio Desk Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner with a Sigur Ros album being cleaned.

EAR V12 integrated amp for a possible second system...

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #456 of 1,052
  Here are some parts of the system.  Having fun with picture composition and angles etc.

Marten Bird 2 in a Cherry Burl Gloss finish, EAR 890 Monoblocks, Kubala Sosna Emotions Speaker cables, Mapleshade blocks.

VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Dynavector XV1S, JMW 12.5 arm, Rim Drive

EAR Dacute in a Stillpoints ESS Rack

Audio Desk Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner with a Sigur Ros album being cleaned.

EAR V12 integrated amp for a possible second system...

eek.gif
C O O L   S T U F F

bet it sounds awesome
wink_face.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #458 of 1,052
Photos of my previous system and room.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #459 of 1,052
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #460 of 1,052
Thanks for asking.

I am actually really frustrated ATM, I was staggered at how much better it sounded through the Woo 234's. I just cannot get the Studio Six to sound anything remotely close to them. I have tried messing around with various tubes, cables etc, but can't get close.

After hearing the Woo's they became a mandatory requirement. I can't help feeling that had ALO gone with balanced operation the amp would play better with high end equipment. It seems to impose its sonic signature on everything I have used it with.

I am disappointed because there's something very euphonic about the sound I just feel that the amp is capable of more.

The Woo's will be here next week so there are an early Christmas present from my partner. it doesn't get better in high audio than when your wife/partner enjoys it too.

I am using the dual light speed USB cable with the power leg pulled its quite a long cable 3.5M so that needs time to burn in. The DaVinci hangs occasionally when switching between DSD and PCM, I need to chase Light Harmonic re a firmware upgrade to sort that out.

The sound is very analog, that it what I was after. I have heard DAC's - think dCS Vivaldi that are a touch more resolving or should I say more edgy with detail. I find that fatiguing. The DaVinci I can listen for hours really getting into the music.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #461 of 1,052
  Thanks for asking.

I am actually really frustrated ATM, I was staggered at how much better it sounded through the Woo 234's. I just cannot get the Studio Six to sound anything remotely close to them. I have tried messing around with various tubes, cables etc, but can't get close.

After hearing the Woo's they became a mandatory requirement. I can't help feeling that had ALO gone with balanced operation the amp would play better with high end equipment. It seems to impose its sonic signature on everything I have used it with.

I am disappointed because there's something very euphonic about the sound I just feel that the amp is capable of more.

The Woo's will be here next week so there are an early Christmas present from my partner. it doesn't get better in high audio than when your wife/partner enjoys it too.

I am using the dual light speed USB cable with the power leg pulled its quite a long cable 3.5M so that needs time to burn in. The DaVinci hangs occasionally when switching between DSD and PCM, I need to chase Light Harmonic re a firmware upgrade to sort that out.

The sound is very analog, that it what I was after. I have heard DAC's - think dCS Vivaldi that are a touch more resolving or should I say more edgy with detail. I find that fatiguing. The DaVinci I can listen for hours really getting into the music.

I am using the same Lightspeed cable atm....Huge soundstage with that cable. I am not surprised you are hearing the Studio 6 the way you are. it was built that way. It is also a nice tube rolling unit. I am surprised it does not have a balanced out considering how many of the ALO portables offer Balanced. As to the hanging while switching, I was asking Larry about the beep I keep hearing when switching from, say DSD128 to 24/192 and he said it was the trailing bits (three 0's) being read that way at the end of the file. It was an SACD thing. They may have to make an adjustment there to compensate. I just spent a week with their new Pulse and enjoyed it very much. The Lightspeed is amazing.

Congrats on a great set of gear. Keep the pics coming!

beerchug.gif

Eric

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #462 of 1,052
Thanks, great that you are a fellow DaVinci owner! Was starting to think I was alone here.

Agree with your comments re ALO, I can understand the design choice given that there intention was to support multiple headphones maybe single ended was the only way to go.

My unit doesn't beep it just stops and won't switch to the new resolution. I have tried calling Light harmonic which has proved to impossible so far. I would like to contact Larry Ho and see if there is a solution. I am using A+

Do you have the Dual DAC version?

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #463 of 1,052
  Thanks, great that you are a fellow DaVinci owner! Was starting to think I was alone here.

Agree with your comments re ALO, I can understand the design choice given that there intention was to support multiple headphones maybe single ended was the only way to go.

My unit doesn't beep it just stops and won't switch to the new resolution. I have tried calling Light harmonic which has proved to impossible so far. I would like to contact Larry Ho and see if there is a solution. I am using A+

Do you have the Dual DAC version?

Not a DaVinci but a Pulse....I would love a Da Vinci but those Tuition bills for the kids keep getting in the way...
biggrin.gif

The Pulse has dual ESS9018's and it had no issue switching between various file or resolution types other than the beep which was a symptom of the file apparently. You may want to drop Larry an e-mail at Larry@lightharmonic.com and see if he has a suggestion. I found them very responsive to questions. I was able to spend some time with them at RMAF and really enjoyed the whole team.They are very passionate about audio quality. Larry is a tube guy actually and Their new Soul will have an optional tube output using a 6922.

I love the Wilson's Amazing speakers! I am running Vandersteen's. I have loved them for 30 years now.

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #464 of 1,052
@iSquirrel You had a pair of Wilson Audio Alexandrias in blue and red. Along with a pair of VTL Siegfried IIs and Audio Research Reference 750s. Not to mention all the other up line gear. Colour me envious. Heck if I manage to get Sashas someday I'll be pleased to death. Oh, and if you weren't aware, beautiful listening room. Brava!

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #465 of 1,052
Excellent I have been looking for Larry's email, thank you. I will get onto him I was wondering if the DAC will do higher than DSD 128, (not that it really matters) and to to see if there's a firmware update. Its maybe a A+ latency setting issue.

Those pesky kids.....

Good to hear Larry's a Tube guy, I have just rolled in a TS BG 6SN7 which has improved things over the RCA red base 5992. Looks like that will have to do until next week.

Dave can do no wrong in my books. I have learned so much from them. I will have some Alexia's here soon I am wondering how the Woo's will go driving them. They are 90dB/1W so I could be stretching the friendship there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back