Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Nov 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #496 of 1,052
  I agree, David presents his gear to a high standard( and he's lucky-it doesn't have to pass the Wife test !!)
I auditioned the stillpoints along several other brands.I conducted 'blind tests' with several people.All good, but the HRS vibrations control pads won under my Apex Teton.  Although I have stillpoints in some positions(in my speaker system)the HRS gave a better presentation with most music.I also found them to be more 'secure' because of the material used whereas the stillpoints are metal on metal.Under my Speakers , the stillpoints, screw-in. Another advantage was the cost ( over the stillpoints!) I have no doubt, resonance control, in whatever form, have a profound effect/upgrade. My dealer Martins Hifi took it to the ultimate in one of their presentations, see:- http://www.martinshifi.co.uk/news/166/didnt-make-it-to-the-dcs-event--read-the-review-here/ About £34,000 s worth !!! I've tried them under the Entreq gear but for me, a step too far!
I'd be interested to hear David's views on his metal 'raisers' coupled as they are with a metal rack.Is there any 'dampening' within your 'custom made' feet?

I agree, the HRS spacers and Nimbus couplers make good system, even better when used with their isolation base and stands. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #497 of 1,052
Although the frame of my audio rack is metal, the shelves [ on my new rack ] are MDF covered in carbon fibre wrapping, so what's on that rack doesn't come in contact with any metal.

With the 4 stainless steel feet I'm using, I put leather on the bottom of them and the Isolation cones fit on top of those feet.

Pictures say a thousand words, or something like that.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #498 of 1,052
  I agree, David presents his gear to a high standard( and he's lucky-it doesn't have to pass the Wife test !!)
I auditioned the stillpoints along several other brands.I conducted 'blind tests' with several people.All good, but the HRS vibrations control pads won under my Apex Teton.  Although I have stillpoints in some positions(in my speaker system)the HRS gave a better presentation with most music.I also found them to be more 'secure' because of the material used whereas the stillpoints are metal on metal.Under my Speakers , the stillpoints, screw-in. Another advantage was the cost ( over the stillpoints!) I have no doubt, resonance control, in whatever form, have a profound effect/upgrade. My dealer Martins Hifi took it to the ultimate in one of their presentations, see:- http://www.martinshifi.co.uk/news/166/didnt-make-it-to-the-dcs-event--read-the-review-here/ About £34,000 s worth !!! I've tried them under the Entreq gear but for me, a step too far!
I'd be interested to hear David's views on his metal 'raisers' coupled as they are with a metal rack.Is there any 'dampening' within your 'custom made' feet?

I have the Entreq Silver Minimus and a variety of the Apollo Cables here for review. Interesting tech. Too early for me to comment on them. I just got them in the door.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #499 of 1,052
  Great.  I've been to Vu's shop a couple of times on business trips to DC.  That's a great kit you have My latest BC plans are to pick up the speaker headphone adapter Gilbert makes.  I want to try it on my Fi 2A3/45 monos and then I'll give it to my son to use with his 300B integrated, as i think Fi stuff may be a bit noisy through headphones.  

Gave the AN Meishu Silver to my son, as promised and, now, almost two years later replaced it with an AN Conqueror Silver Stereo Power amp that is a lot more transportable.  I'll have to take some pictures.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #500 of 1,052
Hi David
I dig your new rack, very professional. It is always best to have stuff like this made in my view.
Then you get the fit and finish you want for your gear. Plus it can often work out less than 'fancy'
production furniture.

I designed a stainless desk and had it made by some guys here in Spain that make stainless steel
parts for yachts. I did the scale drawings and picked the profiles. Then I picked some marble at the local
stone shop. Here in Spain the selection of stone is amazing as it is a major exporter of it.

Here is my hifi desk and work station combo. My iMac is for my web work, and the Mac Mini is for the music
feeding M2Tech convertors and an Audio Note DAC 4.1, then a passive pre with Khozmo attenuator and the KGSShv
off-board. 

The only issue is the weight. I can move the desk but need wheeled trollies as the stone top is really heavy.

On the passive pre subject, if you use a power amp for speakers fed by a pre amp, you should know it can
really be improved by using a passive and dropping the active pre amp. If your impedance on the DAC is low and the level
of the output is around 2v, and you keep your cables less than 1 metre, it will work like a dream.

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #501 of 1,052
Wow, that's a heck of a desktop rig! It looks like your speakers are floating but I'm assuming they are mounted to the wall, must've been a serious mounting kit because they look pretty heavy

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #503 of 1,052

My current rig!

From left:  Schiit Ragnarok, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Yulong DA8, Violectric V281, Senn HD800, HifiMan HE400i, Audeze LCD-X, Audeze LCD-2.2

o2smile.gif

Dec 24, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #504 of 1,052

My bedroom system
Polk Audio Monitor7s with upgraded crossovers and new tweeters
Leben CS300XS with Raytheon 5751 Windmill getters and Amperex Bugle boys 12xa7s
Denon DVD-1930 SACD player
Sony Walkman NWZ-ZX1
Grace M903 dac h/p amp can also be used as a preamp
Bakoon HDA- 5210 MK3 h/p amp
Fostex TH900
Listening Room
Yamaha GT-2000 TT with Shelter 501 cart
Sony TA-E88 pre-amp
SONY TA-N7 VFET masterpiece
Cantanta out of picture

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #508 of 1,052
I recently got a new camera; so here are some updated photos of my system.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #509 of 1,052
Some more photos.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #510 of 1,052
Still more photos. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back