Pictures of your DAC Post them here!
May 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #76 of 115

Quote:
Hi Sup i dont think you need sub unless u have big room with x1x i hear bass even with low volume but if u have A5 or A 7 i suggest you a sub.

Hey mahesh, thanks for the reply, my listening room is actually quite small so perhaps I don't really need a sub if I were to get the x1x's. :)

May 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #77 of 115

Quote:
lol. How do you find the RP10S .Sup?

Its decent, kinda feel its still burning in. I do have to play with low/high pass and its physical position of the sub in the room. I have discovered that if its pointed towards my sofa the SQ is better, at least to my brain. The sub I made myself is much better but the parts also cost more :wink:

May 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #78 of 115
here's my keces da-151 mkII.  sorry for the crappy photo.  my camera (and it's user) are bunk. 
wink.gif

May 21, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #79 of 115
That's interesting; maybe because of the damping the sofa offers? Perhaps if the sofa wasn't there and you just reduced the volume it'd have the same effect?

Yeah I've heard the RP10S requires a bit of levels fiddling before it sounds transparent in its crossover. With regard to 'burn in' though, do you mean 'break in' with regard to the actual rubber around the driver becoming more supple/flexible as the sub is used more? 'Burn in' might be able to applied to these speakers due to the amps in them having capacitors but I'm not sure to what extent this would affect the sound of the sub if at all. It might just be a psychological thing in this case.

Quote:
Its decent, kinda feel its still burning in. I do have to play with low/high pass and its physical position of the sub in the room. I have discovered that if its pointed towards my sofa the SQ is better, at least to my brain. The sub I made myself is much better but the parts also cost more :wink:

May 21, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #82 of 115
Just did a bit of reading on it; it's incredibly well-priced for a discrete amp - might have to cross the Burson Audio HA-160 off my list (200 quid more expensive!) and opt for this instead.

Quote:
it's a really good amp.  it's no wa6, but fortunately it's different enough where i can appreciate both of them...

May 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #85 of 115

Quote:
That's interesting; maybe because of the damping the sofa offers? Perhaps if the sofa wasn't there and you just reduced the volume it'd have the same effect?

Yeah I've heard the RP10S requires a bit of levels fiddling before it sounds transparent in its crossover. With regard to 'burn in' though, do you mean 'break in' with regard to the actual rubber around the driver becoming more supple/flexible as the sub is used more? 'Burn in' might be able to applied to these speakers due to the amps in them having capacitors but I'm not sure to what extent this would affect the sound of the sub if at all. It might just be a psychological thing in this case.

Burn in as break-in yes. I'm thinking the amp inside it is still breaking in as the sub keeps getting better.

May 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #89 of 115

Quote:
^ Love the clear acrylic(?) faceplate on that.

Yes, it's lovely!

Teasing, mysterious, that faceplate and all. Hints at the strange, proprietary architecture (the standard NOS R2R design notwithstanding and all) that the MHDT Lab guys were getting at; and it makes one want to investigate.

Little secret? The stock, dual, "monolithic" [size=medium]Burr Brown PCM56P [/size]DAC chips (one for left/one for right) in this machine are socketed and easily replaced. I haven't moved beyond the stock chips but the option, insofar as a design feature, is quite attractive.

But ahhh! Looks aside, friend; you should hear her sing!

I would fight you if you tried to take my Havana from me (much like my Bongwater records!) ... no other bit of audio gear has affected me so greatly, not my GS1000's, HD650's, SE530's, Raptor amp or anything else.

The Havana is a totem piece for sure. Something to build a system around ... I mean, if your into the "vinyl sounding" ... "NOS" DAC scene and all. (blush) ... I am.

smile.gif

(the following pic was taken when I had the particularly hard to find (and tall!) Bendix 6385 tube in my Havana DAC)

Rock on!

*s1rrah*!!>!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back