Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #3,001 of 10,930
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #3,002 of 10,930
is that a cooler master haf 932 computer case? i'm doing another build soon and am thinking about getting one. is it really 12.7 inches UP TO the hard drives, enough to fit long vid cards?

Quote:

My pc <3 
phenomII 940@3.5ghz
4gb Gskill DDR2800
Biostar TA-GX128m
Corsair 750w
XFX 5870
~3tb conventional hdds (5 of them, 1 is a 1tb)
40gb intel x-25m SSD

Rest of my desk is too messy to bother taking a picture of....

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #3,003 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
I think that is Foobar 2k with the DakOne UI.

Yup.

I couldn't stand having a soldering iron near my PC. Just BTW...

That and my desk is wooden.

Damn my Cmoy and lack of workbench. The kitchen counter begins to become less inviting each time. 

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #3,004 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
I will now have posted this in all three "post your rig threads." Just moved into my college dorm (I'm a freshman) and got my gear unpacked. The amps had to stay home though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41220277@N08/4954820816/sizes/l/in/photostream/

nice but that keyboard like ruins it, no offense

How dare you. That is an IBM Model M, correct? I am a newly converted mechanical keyboard user. Razer BlackWidow is a hell of a bargain even if it is of questionable quality. XD

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #3,005 of 10,930
yeah I'm gonna get the ultimate BlackWidow with backlighting (must have for me) when there's one in stock (goddammit!). i was talking about the looks of the old white-tannish keyboard mixed with shiny black stuff. minus the keyboard nice setup! put a blackwidow in there and that would be EPIC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I will now have posted this in all three "post your rig threads." Just moved into my college dorm (I'm a freshman) and got my gear unpacked. The amps had to stay home though...

How dare you. That is an IBM Model M, correct? I am a newly converted mechanical keyboard user. Razer BlackWidow is a hell of a bargain even if it is of questionable quality. XD

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #3,006 of 10,930

Quote:
yeah I'm gonna get the ultimate BlackWidow with backlighting (must have for me) when there's one in stock (goddammit!). i was talking about the looks of the old white-tannish keyboard mixed with shiny black stuff. minus the keyboard nice setup! put a blackwidow in there and that would be EPIC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was just saying that "tannish keyboard" deserves him +100 internets. 
The BlackWidows is great. Mechanical keyboards are a completely different experience. I am looking for excuses to type. 

Edit:
New pics of my rig will be posted as soon as I get my Asgard.
All the shiny black and blue lights is cliche but nevertheless cool. I want to build a wooden PC case though...

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #3,007 of 10,930
This room is such a mess at the moment. I'm in between recording spaces so recording equipment has been jammed in including 15 acoustic panels (out of frame)!

Hopefully I can post an after shot when we find a new recording space to move to. Keyboards, mics, stands, mbox, profire, cables etc all have to go! (I might keep the Xbox...)

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #3,008 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think that is Foobar 2k with the DakOne UI.

Yup.

I couldn't stand having a soldering iron near my PC. Just BTW...

That and my desk is wooden.

Damn my Cmoy and lack of workbench. The kitchen counter begins to become less inviting each time. 

I do all my DIY work on my desk. It helps to be able to look at schematics and whatnot. I've had solder hit the glass, and it just wipes off. What's really tricky is when you get flux on the desk.

I really need a bigger desk TBH. I'm going to clean up tomorrow, hopefully.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #3,010 of 10,930
Yeah they had the flattest frequency response in that price range. It's funny, everything the salesman tried to push on me just sounded like consumer mini-system fare. Bloated bass, recessed mids, and a spiked top end. I said "those Yamaha's have the most uninteresting and flat sound out of everything you've shown me. I'll take 2 pairs."

He seemed surprised. :wink:

Quote:
I have the same pair of Yamaha monitors, they're nice :D.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #3,011 of 10,930
Quote:
Bloated bass, recessed mids, and a spiked top end.

Exactly what I think about other brands in this price range. I'm not a recording engineer, but I mostly listen to instrumental, orchestra and soft vocal music like folk, celtic style and similar, this speaker accurate frequency response and stereo imaging really shines. It does lack lower end for someone else but IMO you can fix that with a sub or some equalizer if you really need it. You can't really make speaker sounds better if it's muddy and veil in the first place, though.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #3,012 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, that's a 25" version. For $150 it was a steal.
tongue.gif

I hear the 28" version is superior in quality, though. Can you confirm?

Yeah, it's freaking awesome.
Here it is on my desk (which is messy, I'm working on building a DAC for someone. I just got my MOT status, so I'm allowed to do it.)

I got a new chair too, it's great. No more back pain.

This is the view from the seat, it takes up all of my peripheral vision. Awesome for movies. I paid like $260 for it.

What resolution is the monitor?

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #3,013 of 10,930

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, that's a 25" version. For $150 it was a steal.
tongue.gif

I hear the 28" version is superior in quality, though. Can you confirm?

Yeah, it's freaking awesome.
Here it is on my desk (which is messy, I'm working on building a DAC for someone. I just got my MOT status, so I'm allowed to do it.)

I got a new chair too, it's great. No more back pain.

This is the view from the seat, it takes up all of my peripheral vision. Awesome for movies. I paid like $260 for it.

What resolution is the monitor?

1920 x 1200 is I'm not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back