Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 18, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2,986 of 10,933
please respond to this reply. i need some speakers. are those speakers there you have good? the KRK rp5g2 and KRK 10s? also, whats the difference between the KRK rp5g2, rp6g2, and rp8g2?

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #2,987 of 10,933
6 and 8 have a bigger bass cone. If you have a big room the 8 might be more suitable but if you're getting a sub you don't need the bigger ones. Smaller speakers work best for small rooms. The monitors are nearfield monitors meaning they are meant to be listened from very close range only (desktop usage). The Rokits have a very good price/performance ratio. I consider them a very good value and buy.

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #2,988 of 10,933

computersetup.png

I know, the speakers...
frown.gif
This IS still a work in progress.

By the end of this year I will be purchasing a new set, and a new source. The M50's are all I have (which I found burn-in to be quite effective on) for now, as well as a Fiio E5 to use on the go.

P.S. Don't pay attention to the horrid viewing angle.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #2,989 of 10,933

Quote:

computersetup.png

I know, the speakers...
frown.gif
This IS still a work in progress.

By the end of this year I will be purchasing a new set, and a new source. The M50's are all I have (which I found burn-in to be quite effective on) for now, as well as a Fiio E5 to use on the go.

P.S. Don't pay attention to the horrid viewing angle.
rolleyes.gif

I have the same monitor as you. 28 inches right?

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #2,990 of 10,933
Nope, that's a 25" version. For $150 it was a steal.
tongue.gif

I hear the 28" version is superior in quality, though. Can you confirm?

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #2,991 of 10,933

Quote:
tongue.gif

Yeah, it's freaking awesome.
Here it is on my desk (which is messy, I'm working on building a DAC for someone. I just got my MOT status, so I'm allowed to do it.)

I got a new chair too, it's great. No more back pain.

This is the view from the seat, it takes up all of my peripheral vision. Awesome for movies. I paid like $260 for it.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #2,996 of 10,933

Quote:
Quote:
tongue.gif

Yeah, it's freaking awesome.
Here it is on my desk (which is messy, I'm working on building a DAC for someone. I just got my MOT status, so I'm allowed to do it.)

I got a new chair too, it's great. No more back pain.

This is the view from the seat, it takes up all of my peripheral vision. Awesome for movies. I paid like $260 for it.

Hi!!! Which media player are you using?

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #2,999 of 10,933
could i get a rp6g2 set and survive without the sub in a medium sized room? it would save me quite a bit of money. would it be ok to use a different sub, like a cheaper one? and could someone in the room next to me hear my music with the door closed on high or medium volume since they are meant for close use? if so then I WANT THESE :)

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #3,000 of 10,933

Quote:
6 and 8 have a bigger bass cone. If you have a big room the 8 might be more suitable but if you're getting a sub you don't need the bigger ones. Smaller speakers work best for small rooms. The monitors are nearfield monitors meaning they are meant to be listened from very close range only (desktop usage). The Rokits have a very good price/performance ratio. I consider them a very good value and buy.

the above is my reply too, sorry for double! but how shall i go about connecting the XLR cables to my pc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back