Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #2,057 of 10,933
Cool. Thanks for the info! Much better than my current mopads solution...

Quote:
Useful they are.
Easy to come by, they are not.
They are a sort of DIY project. Combination of two simson (simsontech.com) monitor floor stands and a generic adjustable monitor clamp. Both sourced from Sam Ash spare parts bin.

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #2,058 of 10,933

Quote:
Haha, no worries. It's all good :)
Did you custom build it yourself? From the angle, it appears to be 'well-cabled.' Many of the rigs look amazing!
My current case is the Cosmos S; probably going to switch and get a LianLi A70/77 or Silverstone TJ-07. Priorities = cable management and air cooling friendly.

Yes I built it my self. It used to have good cable management but with two big fans going to a controller, aftermarket GPU cooler, 3HDD's, power cable for the sound card, plus the 4 case fans, it gets hard to find places to hide wires.

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #2,060 of 10,933
Hi, I'm new!
biggrin.gif

I'm getting along very nicely with the uDac I brought after reading HeadphoneAddict's excellent review. I'm also enjoying the newley discovered merits of lossless, WASAPI and foobar2000, all thanks to this great forum!
beerchug.gif

There's also my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II in the picture, which I love; really enjoyable sound with good detail and great bass.

Happy listening everyone!

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #2,062 of 10,933
I thought about that when I first got the uDac, but then forgot about the idea - so thanks for reminding me :)

I need to get an RCA to 3.5mm cable. I guess I could use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and drive them from the uDac's headphone out, but I'm not sure if the output level might be too high?

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #2,063 of 10,933
I think running the PC speakers from the headphone out might work, but I would not do that personally. Curious how are you running your pc audio at the moment?

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #2,065 of 10,933

In the Office

Speakers - Dynaudio BM6kII powered
Power cords - VH-Audio Flavor4 for Powered Speakers
Furutech A/C outlets
Wire - Mogami XLR from pre to speakers
Pre-Amplifier - PS Audio Trio P-200
Digital to Analog Converter - Modded Valab NOS -or- Matrix Mini-i
Source - Linux Lubuntu
Software - Music Player Daemon
Computer - MiniITX

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #2,067 of 10,933
i posted in another thread but i don't think i've done this one yet ..... i've been thinking about switching things up now that i've made some room for some listening time everyday

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #2,070 of 10,933

The headphone is the Sennheiser RS 170. 
I moved the monitor screen to the right so I could show the whole setup in one picture. I always get remarks how cheap my table and rug looks compared to the expensive screen and such. I couldn't care less. I can use the Dell 30" 3008 WFP to watch my purchased Blu-ray collection. The screen is only 2 inches smaller than our tv and colour reproduction is amazing on this baby, same story on viewing angles. I think I would have gone for a cheaper monitor if I could go back in time. 1400 EUR is quite a lot.. But my main focus on this setup was to be able to play online poker and for that I wanted the ability to see more than I could on my old 19'' TFT screen and a dual monitor setup just didn't cut it for me. I sometimes think I would have been better off with one 24'' and thus saving a lot of cash. Now I have this big screen I might as well enjoy it for years to come!

I would recommmend the Samsung Sycnmaster 2443BW to anyone who is looking for a 24'' with 1920 x 1200 resolution. Great screen and it doesn't cost that much (under 250 EUR in Holland at the moment;  if you look at the right webshops). Only downside is the viewing angles and such because it is a TN panel. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back